Looking for a delicious side-dish with beans then here it is. Green Beans, like all legumes are rich in Protein, Vitamins A, C, K, Folate and are also a good source of fiber. These beans are also known as string beans or snap beans. Beans are often cooked as poriyal/side-dish using the same old ingredients. This recipe is a new try, which ended out delicious and perfect as a side-dish. I guarantee you its really good, try it out and you'll know. Beans chilly coconut fry goes well with Sambar rice or any Veg/Non-Veg gravy accompanied with rice! Addition of Coconut masala adds a new and rich flavor to the recipe Lets see how to make this recipe.
- Green Beans/String Beans/French Beans/Snap Beans - 150 grams
- Coconut pieces - 3 pieces (1 inch long pieces)
- Onion - 1
- Cumin seeds/Jeera - 2 spoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 spoon
- Red Chillies - 3 0r 4
- Refined oil/Any edible oil
- Wash the beans well in water. Now snap off the edges using hand and remove the strings on the sides of the bean pods.
- Cut it lengthwise into 2 inch long pieces.
- Grind the following; (Do not add water, Rough coarse grinding will do!)
- Coconut Pieces + Cumin seeds/Jeera (1 spoon) + Red chillies
- In a pan add oil, after it heats up add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add chopped onions, saute until it becomes brown in color add beans and stir well.
- Add salt stir well, now add the prepared coconut mixture and saute well.
- Sprinkle little water and close the lid and stir occasionally.
- After it gets cooked, remove from flame and serve!!!
TIP 1: Selection of beans : Beans should be crisp and not soft. It must break easily when snapped at the ends of the bean pods.
TIP 2: Store beans in a loose plastic bag, can be stored only for a few days in refrigerator as they dry and wear out soon.
Rich Bean chilly coconut fry is ready to eat. Goes well with Sambar and other Veg/Non-Veg gravy with hot rice.