Makes 3 glasses
- Lemon - 1/2
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece
- Powdered Sugar - As required (I use 1 tablespoon per 200 ml of water; just powder normal sugar and use it as you need)
- Chilled Water - 500 ml
- To a glass jar add powdered sugar or sugar syrup and water and mix well.
- Now crush ginger and add it to the jug, stir well.
- Remove seeds from lemon and add it to the jar.
- Serve immediately or leave it in the refrigerator for a while, then strain and serve.
- Add ice cubes or lemonade ice cubes if you wish while serving. (to know how to make lemonade ice cubes see tip 4)
TIP 1: Always mix water and sugar first and then add lemon to it. Never mix water and lemon first because the sugar will not get dissolved. To be on the safer side, use powdered sugar or sugar syrup. And as a thumb rule add ingredients in the following order always to make a perfect lemonade.
TIP 2: You can also add mint leaves instead of ginger.
TIP 3: Add more ginger if you want a stronger aroma and flavor.
TIP 4: Now for an extra delight; Instead of adding plain ice cubes you can add lemonade ice cubes to it. Follow the steps to make lemonade ice cubes.
- Take 1/4 cup of lemonade, add little more sugar, say, 1/2 spoon mix well.
- Chop lemon skin and add it to this lemonade mixture.
- Add this lemonade mixture to the ice cubes tray.
- Freeze it.
- Use it instead of ice cubes.
- As it dissolves it gives you the same flavor unlike ordinary ice cubes.
For more lemonade recipes click here!