First of all Happy mother's day friends. I love my Mom and I hope you too!! She loved me even before I was born, she taught me all things and happy for who I am. All credits belong to her!!
Pass this Picture and show how much you love your MoM!!
Jut copy this pic and post it either on the bottom or top of your post and say how much you love her!!
So on this special day I wanted to share a delicious and simple traditional recipe that my Mom taught me. Its a very healthy Lentil rice recipe that she prepared very often for me when I was a kid. Its is so tasty and is has a good content of Carbohydrates and Protein. This recipe needs no side dish and can be had plain. Lets see the preparation method.
(Serves 4 people)
- Rice - 1 cup
- Toor dal / Split pigeon peas - 3/4 cup
- Drumstick leaves - A handful
- Peppercorns - 1 spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 spoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
- Cashew nuts - Few
- Salt - As per taste
- Ghee - 2 spoons
- Wash rice and drumstick leaves and set aside.
- In a pressure cooker add rice and lentil and 4 cups of water. Do not place on flame now.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, drumstick leaves and stir well.
- In another pan heat ghee, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns and cashews ans saute until the cashews turns brown and add it into the rice mixture.
- Close the cooker with the lid and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes remove from flame and open the cooker only after the steam releases fully may be approximately after 10 minutes.
TIP 1: Instead of 3/4 cup of dal you can add 1/2 cup.
TIP 2: You can also add vegetables like Carrot, peas, beans and potatoes and prepare this recipe. This is just a simple version.
Yummy and healthy Lentil rice recipe is ready!! This is my Mom's recipe that I love so much!!