Eggs are always handy when coming to cooking and one can make such great dishes and side-dishes within minutes. Here is a simple boiled egg roast with a mild touch of pepper, which serves best as sides with rasam, paruppu (dal), sambar, rice & curries and even with variety rice. This is super-easy to prepare, delicious and needs minimal efforts. Some do not like the plain boiled egg and this is one of the best makeover idea which will help bland egg taste much better. I do make another tasty version of boiled egg roast using besan flour, which you can find here. Now lets see how I prepare this simple egg roast with pepper. Serve with a platter of hot rasam rice and enjoy the humble comfort platter. Btw, did you know I have 7 types of rasam recipes on my blog, click here to check them out. J
INGREDIENTSTotal Preparation Time - 25 minutes
Serves 2 to 3 people
- Eggs - 2
- Big onions - 1 (chopped)
- Pepper powder - 3/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Garlic - 1 (chopped)
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Boil two eggs for about 10 to 15 minutes on low flame. Remove from flame and remove them from the saucepan. Drop them into cold water immediately and then shell them.
- Chop into wedges or slice boiled eggs and set aside.
- Place a kadai or pan on flame and add a tablespoon of oil and after it heats up add the chopped garlic and onions into it.
- Saute for a few minutes on low flame or until it turns translucent.
- Add salt, pepper powder, chilli powder and saute for a few minutes.
- Now add the sliced eggs and give a few good stirs.
- Remove from flame after a few minutes of tossing or sauteing. Optionally garnish with some coriander leaves before serving.
TIP 1: Always while boiling eggs see that there is enough amount of water above the eggs. You can also add some salt to fasten cooking and also to prevent eggs from breaking during boiling.