Glace cherries would be any kid's favorite, so how about some glace cherry muffins to munch on? These super delicious muffins have the tit bits of cherries in them that make s chomping more fun. Using butter adds a nice flavor to the muffins but you can make them butter-less and just use oil. You can also make variations by adding some chocolate chips and nuts or make it chocolate flavored by adding some cocoa powder to it. The cupcakes remain moist has a light pink shade that the glace cherries offer and tastes yum. These muffins very well fit into the Christmas menu too, so next time
INGREDIENTSMakes 6 to 8 muffins
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Baking Time - 25 to 30 minutes
- Glace cherries - 150 grams
- Maida / All purpose flour - 100 grams
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/8 teaspoon (optional)
- Sugar - 75 grams
- Eggs - 1
- Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 50 ml (use flavorless oil)
- Milk - 50 ml
- Butter - 2 tablespoons melted (optional)
Oven / OTG Settings
- Heater / Rod select - Both
- Tray placement - Center
- Temperature - 160°C
- Baking time - 25 to 30 minutes
- Preheat Oven - 10 minutes
- Preheat an oven to 160 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Place cupcake liners inside the cupcake moulds of a muffin pan and set aside.
- Wash the cherries and discard water. (This is just to remove the extra sugar from them. You can also soak the cherries in water for about 5 minutes and then wash them)
- Take 100 grams of cherries and grind it coarsely. Then add about 50 to 60 ml of water (or milk) and grind well into a smooth paste and set aside.
- Chop the remaining cherries (50 grams) into smaller tit bits and set them aside.
- To a bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and mix well using a whisk or sieve twice.
- Beat an egg well and add sugar gradually into it, when it fluffs up well and vanilla essence and beat again.
- Now add oil, melted butter, milk and beat for another minute.
- Then add the ground cherry paste and beat until it gets mixed up well.
- To this wet mixture add flour little by little and gently mix. You can use a beater but see that you beat on a very low speed. See that there are no lumps.
- Add the chopped cherry bits into the batter and mix.
- Now fill the cupcake liners upto 3/4th with the prepared batter.
- Sprinkle some chopped cherries (fill upto 3/4th of the liner) and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Insert a wet knife or a toothpick into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean then your cake is done, if not bake for a few more minutes. See that you do not over-bake them.
- Remove from oven and place on wire racks to let the muffins cool down completely.
TIP 1: Add about 30 grams of cocoa powder for 100 grams of flour to make it a chocolate flavored cherry muffins.
TIP 2: If you'd like to make it eggless follow he recipe here.
TIP 3: Add some chocolate chips and pistachios or cashews along with the batter if you wish.