I made this recipe long ago when mangoes where available abundantly, this was another dish that I had served with the non-veg spread! A very easy and stupendously delicious dessert recipe this is. I've used mangoes and paneer here, if you do not get fresh mangoes you can try the same with canned mangoes, or fresh jackfruit or even pineapple. Paneer and mangoes blend very well to give those creamy rich soft ladoos. Best of all it needs no color, and gets a beautiful yellow from the mangoes. Every bite is heaven!
INGREDIENTSMakes 5 to 6 ladoos
Total Preparation Time - 30 minute
- Mango - 100 grams (If you don't have mangoes just replace with pineapple or jackfruit)
- Paneer - 100 grams (Store bought or homemade)
- All purpose four / Maida - 5 tablespoons
- Sugar - 3 tablespoons (or 4 tbsp)
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons (plus a teaspoon)
- Cashews - To garnish
- Chop and grind mango. Chop paneer into smaller cubes and add them into a blender. add both paneer and mango pieces and grind into smooth paste. Do not add even a drop of water.Then place a saucepan on flame and pour ghee into it.
- After it heats up add maida and stir well for a few seconds do not let it burn.
- Now add the mango paneer paste and mix well.
- Cook on a low flame until the mixture thickens, leaves the sides and turns into a single thick dough. Add some more ghee and stir well.
- Now remove from flame and keep aside until it cools down.
- After it cools down mix well with your fingers and pinch out smaller portions from it and roll them into ladoos. Place a cashew on the center of each ladoo and serve.
- Stays good for two days not more!
TIP: Adding maida aids a better texture but you can avoid it and use some wheat four instead. And you can use khova in place of paneer also.
For more desserts click here!