When your taste buds demand for that sweet and zesty flavor try this one and it will definitely tantalize you. Those juicy mushrooms and the toasted bread together makes a very delicious combo and makes your tummy satisfied too. These days every South Indian home has sauces stocked up in their pantries and therefore is not very hard to get this dish done. Instead of the plain old type of toasts and sandwiches try this one and I'm sure you will pretty love this one.
Makes one sandwich
Total Preparation Time - 15 minutes
- Button Mushroom - 2
- Bread slices - 2 (I used wheat you can use sweet bread too)
- Tomato sauce - 1 tablespoon + extra
- Soy sauce - 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Butter - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Wash and wipe mushrooms with a clean cloth to remove the dirt. Then chop it into cubes. Then chop capsicum and set aside.
- Place a kadai on flame and pour oil into it. Now add mushroom and saute for a few seconds, then sprinkle salt, sugar, pepper powder and stir.
- Then add tomato sauce and lemon juice and stir well. Sprinkle some water if needed. Now add capsicum and saute for a minute. Then remove from flame and keep aside.
- Place a pan on flame and spread some butter over a pan and place the bread slices over it. Toast for a few seconds and flip sides. Now spread tomato sauce on one of the bread slices and place the sauteed mushroom and capsicum mixture over it.
- Now place the other bread slice over it and remove from flame. Serve hot.
TIP 1: You can add grated cheese over the mushroon mixture and then sandwich it it you like. Or just laden it with more ketchup.