Everyone loves, all the three main ingredients of this dish, Potato, Cauliflower and Egg. It is so yummy and also less spicy, unlike usual Indian food recipes. It can be had plain or as a side-dish for chapathi, roti, dosa, naan and bread toast. Usually we all prepare egg fry with just onions and green chillies, but i have tried a new recipe with potatoes and cauliflower florets, which came out very tasty. It is also healthy dish, cauliflower contains, proteins, minerals, vitamins, dietary fiber and low in carbohydrates and fat. Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, B and C. Eggs contain high quality proteins, right kind of fat and Vitamin D. The mix of all these three provides a healthy nutritional and tasty dish.
(Serves two people, generously!)
- Egg - 1
- Cauliflower florets - 5
- Potato - 1
- Onion - 1
- Green chillies - 1
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Ginger - 1/4 inch long piece
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder - 1/2 spoon
- In a pan add cauliflower florets , salt and water and boil it for a minute to remove dirt and worms. Drain and keep the florets aside.
- Peel the potato and cut into small cubes and keep aside.
- In a frying pan add 2 spoons of oil, fry finely chopped ginger, chopped garlic, chopped green chillies and chopped onions.
- Then add salt, pepper power and stir well.
- Now add the cauliflower florets, potato cubes and fry well.
- Add little water (may be 4 or 5 spoons) and close the pan using a lid. Cook for 3 minutes in low flame.
- Open the lid and stir well, if the vegetables gets cooked move to next step or else add water again and close lid, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Then add raw egg into the pan and stir continuously. Stir well until the egg gets cooked.
TIP 1: If you want it more spicy, then you you can add red chilli flakes or red chilli powder.
TIP 2: You can add more eggs if you want eggs to dominate the dish.
TIP 3: Those who love garlic flavor can add more garlic it gives a unique flavor and aroma.
Yummy Aloo Gobi Egg Fry / Potato Cauliflower Egg Fry is now ready!! Have with chapathi, poori, roti, bread toast etc!!!!