Chana dal bondas is tasty and crispy evening time snack. It is delicious and tastes good with tomato ketchup, chutneys or rather plain. These balls have a crispy outer layer and a soft inside!!! The method is easy too so now lets see how to make these bondas!!
- Chana dal/Bengal gram/Kadalai paruppu - 200 grams
- Big onions - 1
- Rice flour - 2 or 3 spoons
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 spoon
- Green chillies - 1
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Refined oil/Any edible cooking oil
- Soak the Chana dal/Bengal gram/Kadalai paruppu in water for atleast 3 hours.
- Drain water and grind it into a paste using the mixer-grinder.
- Add Salt, Rice flour, Red chilli powder and very little water to this mixture and mix well. The mixture should not be watery. It should have thick consistency so that balls can be made out of this batter.Then add Chopped onions, Chopped green chillies, Coriander leaves and Curry leaves to the batter.Mix well.
- Place a pan on flame and pour enough oil to deep fry the prepared balls. To check if the oil is hot enough just pinch a small piece of the batter and drop in the oil, if the piece rises immediately, the oil is ready. See that the oil is not smoking hot.
- Make balls out of this batter and deep fry it in oil, on a medium flame.
- Fry till the balls turns reddish brown in color and serve!!!
Have a refreshing cup of tea with these tasty balls!
Have a great tea time!!