Chicken fry is the most favorite food for most of the people. Chicken has been portrayed to be an unhealthy dish but that is not the actual fact. Only processed chicken/meat leads to health problems. But now it has been found out that chicken are fed with steroids to make them fatter and more fleshier with less bones. This can affect our human growth system too when consumed, obeity, abnormal maturity can also be seen. Too much of anything is also harmful to health!! Chicken is a good source of Protein, Vitamin B6, B12, Iron, Zinc and Selenium. Selenium has been found to have Anti-Aging property and is an essential component for thyroid hormone metabolism. A scientific research shows that collagen from chicken legs were found to reduce blood pressure in people with High blood pressure. But all these benefits can be counted only when the chicken is healthy. Coming back to the fry, it is a delicious one and the outer coating just makes the fry taste excellent. Lets see how to make this mouth watering chicken fry. I have used skinned chicken, chicken with skin can also be used, but they tend to splutter when fried so be careful with that.
- Chicken legs - 2 (Skinned)
- Chilly powder - 2 spoons
- Garam masala - 1/4 spoon
- Cumin powder/Jeera powder - 1/2 powder
- Crushed Saunf/Fennel/Sombu - 1 spoon
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 spoon
- Curd - 2 spoons
- Lemon juice - 2 spoons
- Egg - 1 (beaten)
- Corn flour - 2 spoons
- Gram flour - 3 spoons
- Rice flour - 2 spoons
- Refined oil/Any Edible oil
- Wash chicken, apply turmeric powder and salt leave it aside for 10 minutes and wash again.
- Make a batter of the following;
- Chilly powder + Garam masala + Cumin powder/Jeera powder + Crushed Saunf/Fennel/Sombu + Ginger-Garlic paste + Curd + Lemon juice + Egg + Corn flour + Gram flour + Rice flour + Salt.
- Make incisions on the chicken legs with a sharp knife.
- Coat the Chicken legs with the batter and leave it aside for 30 minutes. (You can also refrigerate to make chicken absorb more masala)
- Deep fry on low flame until brown in color and serve!!!
TIP: To make chicken more softer apply curd and leave it aside for a few hours and then coat with the batter and fry!!
Crispy, Yummy, Juicy, Chicken Leg fry is ready!!! Have it with tomato sauce or Mayonnaise!!! It will be a treat to your tummy and taste buds!!