Coriander chutney is a healthy dip accompanied with Idly and Dosa in South India. Coriander is used in almost every Indian preparation. It has an unique fragrance, color and flavor that makes dishes delicious and aromatic. The dishes gets dominated by the coriander flavor and makes it a great delicacy. Coriander is rich in Iron content, Vitamin C and Minerals. People with hair fall can consume coriander to get rid of hair fall, Also prevents and gets rid of anemia, high cholesterol levels, digestive problems, sugar level, skin disorders, eye problems, menstrual disorders, gets rid of toxins from blood and lots more. Now lets see the preparation method for this healthy chutney.
- Coriander - 1 bunch
- Curry leaves - A handful
- Dry red chillies - 4
- Coconut - 1 inch long piece
- Mustard - 1/4 spoon
- Urad dhal/Black gram/Ulutham paruppu - 2 spoons
- Tamarind - 1/4 inch ball size
- Gingelly oil/Any cooking oil
- Fry all the above ingredients (except salt, tamarind and mustard seeds) in oil separately as described below.
- In a pan add 3 spoons of gingelly/any edible oil, fry Urad dhal/Ulutham pruppu/Black gram until it gets roasted in light brown color. Do not over fry the dhal. Remove from pan, keep it aside.
- In the same oil fry, dry red chillies for a minute remove from pan and keep aside.
- Then add chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves in the remaining oil and fry for two minutes or until you get the cooked smell of corianders.
- Grind all the above fried items with salt and tamarind in a blender.
- In a pan add oil, splutter mustard seeds and add it to the prepared chutney and serve.
TIP 1: Use de-skinned Urad dhal/Ulutham paruppu/Black gram. They give a good taste and an increase in chutney quantity.
TIP 2: Do not fry red chillies too much it will affect the taste of the chutney.
TIP 3: The final step (addition of mustard seeds) is optional
Post a Comment
Thanks for the visit. Do drop in your valuable comments and suggestions :) Please do not add any links to your site/blog such comments will not be published. Click on notify me and get notified about my reply to your comments.