Sandwiches are not one among Indian food recipes, but Indian people have also adapted worldwide food habits, one most famous among them is the sandwich. It is easy to make, tastes brilliant and also healthy if prepared fresh!! So I thought of making a sandwich with Indian base and spices and it came out very well!! It was so Crispy, Yummy, and I had to do more because the plates were getting empty more than usual. The recipe requires only a few easily available ingredients. No cheese, so it is a better choice for health conscious people. Crispy Indian Sandwich can be had for breakfast or as a snack. Its my favorite dish now!!
- Bread Slices - 4 (Any kind of bread)
- Big onions - 1
- Tomatoes - 1
- Honey - 1 or 2 spoons
- Coriander leaves - Few
- Cumin powder - 1 spoon
- Pepper powder - 1/2 spoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 spoon
- Oil - 2 spoons
- In a pan add butter and oil, after it heats up add chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped coriander leaves and fry well.
- Add red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder, cumin powder and fry well until it becomes pulpy and seems mashed. This may take 3-5 minutes.
- Then remove from flame and add honey and mix well. Keep aside.
- Melt butter in a pan and apply this on both sides of the bread slices.
- Sprinkle a pinch of pepper, a pinch of cumin powder, a pinch of salt on one side of the bread.
- Toast the both sides of the bread on pan/tawa. Toast till it becomes crispy and brownish.
- On a piece of bread toast add the prepared filling and place another toasted bread on the top.
TIP 1: If you love cheese you can add it along with the filling.
TIP 2: Instead of toasting bread for making sandwich you can use fresh bread pieces for making non-crispy sandwich.
TIP 3: Add more vegetables if you like. This is a simple and easy version.
TIP 4: Instead of making a sandwich you can serve it as a toast with topping as shown in picture.
TIP 5: If you like sweetness you can add more honey.
Crispy, yummy Indian based sandwich is now ready. Try it, taste it and you will love it!! It has been my favorite also!! Have a crispy bite!!
Can also have the sandwiches with a dip.
That's an interesting approach on the old, classical sandwich :) Just when one thinks there's no more possible updates on a sandwich, here you are, bringing it back to spotlight.ReplyDelete
I didn't know that fact actually!! Thank you Petro.... That is another great compliment!!Delete
do you deliver ? it looks delicious!ReplyDelete
Thank you Tony!!!Delete
It looks yummy DivyaDelete
hi divya ur recipes so good specifically bakingReplyDelete