Potato fry can be made instantly and also treats our taste buds. They are crispy and can also added as an Indian starter. It is so crispy that you will ask for more!! Serves as a good side dish for variety rices like Lemon Rice, Curd Rice, Tamarind Rice Etc!! It can be had as an evening snack also. Fried potatoes are not good for people with high levels of cholesterol. Apart from health issues its a tasty treat, then why not try? Lets see how to make this Crispy Fried Potatoes.
- Potatoes - 2
- Red chilli powder - 2 spoons
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
- Refined oil/Any edible cooking oil
- Wash potatoes and peel off the skin. Chop into small cubic pieces.
- In a bowl add chopped potatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Leave this mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan add oil and deep fry the potatoes.
- After the potato pieces turns brown remove from flame, remove extra oil using a tissue paper and serve.
TIP 1: Instead of frying you can add oil in a pan add onion fry and the add the potato mixture in it, add water and cook. Then serve. Spicy potato masala is now ready.
TIP 2: Do not fry the potatoes too much.
TIP 3: Do not add water to the potato mixture.
TIP 4: You can fry the potatoes immediately, but leaving it aside for some while makes the potatoes let out its water content, thereby getting more crispy and tasty potato fry!
Crispy Potato Fry is now ready!! Have as a snack or Side-Dish for Curd rice, Lemon rice, Etc...