Cauliflower is the most loved vegetable by many. Cauliflower fry is a very good starter, snack and also a side-dish. There are many types of cauliflower fry but this is the method I follow. Cauliflower is rich in Proteins, Vitamins, Phosphorous, Dietary fiber and low in Carbohydrates and Fats. Anyhow people with high cholesterol levels must generally avoid deep fried items. While selecting cauliflower see that you choose the undamaged, white flowers, do not pick the cauliflowers that has some dark spots on it. Lets see the preparation for this crunchy cauliflower fry.
INGREDIENTSServes one person
Total Preparation Time - 30 minutes
- Cauliflower florets - 10
- Corn Flour - 1 spoon
- Maida - 2 spoons
- Gram Flour/Besan Flour - 2 spoons
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 spoon
- Lemon Juice - 1 spoon
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 spoon
- Cumin Powder/Jeera powder - 1/2 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Baking soda - A pinch (optional)
- Oil - For frying
- In a pan add water and immerse the florets in it, add 1 spoon of salt and boil it for 2 minutes to remove worms and dirt. Drain water from florets and let it cool.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients (except oil) together.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the batter and mix well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Deep fry the florets until it turns crisp.
TIP 1: You can also add 1 spoon of maida instead of gram flour/besan flour.
TIP 2: Also add curry leaves to the batter and then fry to increase the aroma and flavor.
Hot, crispy, crunchy Cauliflower fry is now ready!! Have it as a starter and also as a snack!!!