Eggs are Delicious, can be cooked instantly and is good for health in many ways. It has been proven to lower the risk of cataracts among people who consume eggs often. Eggs are good source of high quality Proteins; Choline, a nutrient present in the yolk, helps in regulation of brain and nervous system; the right kind of Fat that does not affect the lipid level of a person and Vitamin D. Another advantage while coming to cooking is that there is washing step during preparation, which saves time!!!
Egg gravy is very easy to make, healthy and very delicious. It serves as a good substitute for all gravy and masala. This particular recipe can be served with Rice, Especially roti varieties and Parotas. The yummy gravy can be done in minutes, it smells so good and delicious that your family members will come seeking for your recipe while cooking, lets see the required ingredients and preparation method.
- Eggs - 3 or 4
- Coconut - one half of a coconut
- Big Onions - 1
- Tomatoes - 1
- Green chillies - 1 or 2
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 spoon (or) ginger (1 inch long piece) and garlic pods (3 or 4)
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 or 2.5 spoons
- Coriander powder - 2 spoons
- Turmeric powder - A pinch
- Cardamon pods - 2 (optional)
- Coriander leaves - (optional)
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 spoon (optional)
- Gingelly oil/Any cooking oil
- Make a fine paste of the following;
- Coconut pieces + Ginger-Garlic paste (or) ginger and garlic pods + Cardamon pods(optional)
- In a pan add oil, after it heats up add mustard seeds (optional) and let it splutter.
- Now add the chopped onions, tomatoes, split green chillies and fry well.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then add the prepared coconut paste stir well, add enough water to get a gravy consistency and cook on medium flame until the raw smell goes away.
- After the gravy gets cooked, add the eggs. Just break the shell and pour the raw eggs gently directly into the gravy and simmer the flame.
- Close the pan with a lid and leave it undisturbed for 3 to 5 minutes.
- After the egg gets cooked remove from flame and leave it as such for few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with hot rice, chapathis, roti varieties etc.
TIP 1: Instead of using Ginger-Garlic paste you can add ginger pieces and garlic pods while making the paste.
TIP 2: Instead of red chilli powder and coriander powder you can use red chillies and coriander seed. Grind them along with the coconuts and use.
TIP 3: You can boil the eggs separately, de-shell them cut into halves and add them in the gravy instead of directly adding them to the gravy.
TIP 4: Be careful while pouring the raw eggs directly into the gravy. Pour them gently to get ball shaped cooked eggs.
TIP 5: Cardamon pods are optional but when you add them it gives a good smell to the gravy and unique flavor. People who do not like cardamon can also replace them with half spoon of Cumin/Jeera seeds, they will give a different flavor to the gravy!!
Delicious egg gravy is ready!! Goes well with Roti, Chapathi, Bread, etc. Try it and you will love it!!
hi, can i use coconut powder instead of whole coconut? if yes how much?ReplyDelete
Hello Kinsa you can use coconut milk but sorry I haven't tried using coconut powder..Delete