Minced chicken fry can be made in just minutes. It is yummy and very simple and easy to make. Even a beginner can make yummy minced chicken fry. Chicken, obviously, is healthy when de-skinned. It is a rich source of proteins and various other minerals and nutrients. If you love chicken you must try this recipe!!!! This goes well with Steamed/boiled Rice, Chapathi, Roti, Bread, etc. Whatever, it is so tasty that you can have it plainly as a snack also!!! I have made this recipe with spices which makes the dish spicy also. Lets see how to make this yummy dish.
- Chicken boneless - 150 grams
- Big Onions - 2
- Green Chillies - 1
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 spoon
- Fennel seeds/Saunf/Sombu - 1/2 spoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 spoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder - 1/4 spoon
- Turmeric powder - A pinch
- Curry leaves - Few
- Lemon juice - 1 spoon
- Oil - 3 spoons
- Making Minced Chicken:
- Wash the boneless chicken pieces well in water. Apply turmeric powder and salt on chicken pieces and leave aside for 10 minutes. Wash again.
- Chop the chicken pieces into smaller pieces and mince it using a mixer / grinder / blender. Just add the pieces to the mixer/grinder and give a pulse for a few times. Keep aside.
- In a pan add oil, fry crushed cumin seeds, fennel seeds and curry leaves.
- Immediately add chopped onions and fry till it turns brown.
- Add chopped green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and stir well for a minute.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, and stir well for a minute.
- Then add minced chicken and stir well. Since it is minced it will get cooked immediately.
- Cook for two minutes, remove from flame add a spoon of lemon juice stir well and serve!!!
TIP 1: Minced chicken will get cooked immediately, so do not add spice powders after adding chicken, add all the spices and dry powders first then add minced chicken.
TIP 2: Cumin seeds and fennel seeds can be added without crushing also, but when crushed it gives more aroma and flavor.
TIP 3: Cumin seeds, fennel seeds and curry leaves should not be fried too much, a few seconds of frying will do!
TIP 4: You can also use minced mutton, minced beef, crab flesh instead of chicken. If you are gonna use mutton or beef you must sprinkle a spoon of water and cook with a closed lid for extra 3 minutes.
TIP 5: Lemon juice enhances the flavor, yet it is optional.
TIP 6: Instead of adding ginger-garlic paste you can also add chopped ginger and chopped garlic.