This chicken masala is Hot, Spicy and Simple to make. It can also be prepared with other parts of the chicken!! It is So Spicy and Delicious that the taste lingers in your mouth for a long time. It looks and tastes great and mouth watering!!!! The ingredients used are simple and normally available in the kitchen. Lets see the required ingredients and preparation method for the Spicy Chicken masala.
Chicken is a good source of Protein, Vitamin B6, B12, Iron, Zinc and Selenium. Selenium has been found to have Anti-Aging property and is an essential component for thyroid hormone metabolism. A scientific research shows that collagen from chicken legs were found to reduce blood pressure in people with High blood pressure. De-skinned chickens are low in fat and cholesterol. Some of the chicken parts that are bad for health are, Liver and Chicken skin. 75% of fat and cholesterol are present in chicken skin. So for health reasons, it is better to skin the chicken and then consume it.
- Chicken legs - 250 grams/3 pieces (Skinned/With Skin optional)
- Big onions - 1
- Tomatoes - 2
- Coriander leaves
- Ginger-Garlic seeds - 1 spoon
- Red chilli powder - 2 or 3 spoons
- Garam masala - 1/4 spoon
- Turmeric powder - A pinch
- Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch long stick
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 spoon
- Saunf/Fennel seeds/Sombu - 1 spoon (crushed)
- Refined oil/Any edible cooking oil
- Wash chicken, apply turmeric powder and salt leave it aside for 10 minutes and wash again.
- In a Pressure cooker add oil, after the oil gets heated up add cumin seeds/jeera seeds let it splutter then add cinnamon stick.
- Then add chopped onions and fry well until it turns brown in color.
- Then add Ginger-Garlic paste, salt and fry well.
- Now add tomato slices and stir well.
- After the tomato gets cooked add red chilli powder, garam masala, crushed Saunf/Fennel seeds/Sombu and stir well.
- Now add the chicken leg pieces and stir well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves mix well, add 1 cup water and close the lid.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes, garnish and serve!!!
TIP 1: Instead of pressure cooking you can also cook using a pot or a pan. Just cook on low flame until the chicken becomes tender and there is no reddish blood traces near the bones. It may take nearly 30 minutes.You can also replace red chilli powder with two spoons of red chilli paste also!
Post a Comment
Thanks for the visit. Do drop in your valuable comments and suggestions :) Please do not add any links to your site/blog such comments will not be published. Click on notify me and get notified about my reply to your comments.