Biryani, the most aromatic and tastiest dish, is a famous recipe of India. There are varieties of Biryani available all over the country and each one is unique in its own way. Following is a chicken biryani recipe that mom prepares in her own way, it tastes brilliant do check it out and try it out sometime.
(Serves 6 - 8 people)
- Basmati rice - 500 grams
- Chicken - 500 gram
- Big Onion - 4
- Green chillies - 10
- Coriander leaves - A handful
- Mint leaves - A handful
- Coconut - 1/2 of a coconut / Coconut milk - 2 cups
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece
- Garlic pods - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cardamom pods - 8 (plus 2)
- Cinnamon stick - 2 (2 inch long sticks)
- Cashew nuts - 10
- Lemon - 1
- Curd - 5 spoons
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
- Red chilli powder - 2 spoons
- Coriander powder - 2 spoons
- Oil - 10 spoons
- Ghee - 5 spoons
- Wash rice well and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Wash chicken pieces well in water. Slice the onions and keep aside.
- Grind the coconut and extract 2 cups of milk from it and keep aside.
- Extract juice from the lemon and keep aside. Do not add water.
- Grind the following into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Ginger + Garlic pods + 8 Cardamom pods + Cashew nuts
- In a large vessel add oil and ghee, after it heats up add bay leaf, 2 cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and saute for few seconds.
- Now fry sliced onions for a minute.
- Add the chopped coriander and mint leaves and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add the prepared fine paste of ginger and garlic and stir well until the raw smell leaves.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder.
- Then add lemon juice, curd and coconut milk stir well. Check for salt.
- Then add the chicken pieces and stir well, close the vessel with a lid and cook for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Open the lid and stir well.
- Then add the soaked rice, and half a cup of water and stir very slightly. Do not stir too much because the rice grains will break.
- Close the lid and cook on low flame for 10minutes.
- Remove from flame and leave the vessel closed for 15 minutes.
- Serve with onion raita!!
TIP 1: Use seeraga samba rice if available.
TIP 2: Always while preparing biryani follow this ratio to get the best taste.
Delicious aromatic and rich Biryani is now ready!!! Enjoy with any spicy gravy or simply some raita!!!
Oh, I love the design :) The plate only makes me drooling over this recipe, hehe.ReplyDelete
Thanks Petro ;) I thought that the plate looked messy..ReplyDelete
But no tomatoes, only lemon juice. Will there be any change in the taste. even i use lemon juice,but also use tomatoes.ReplyDelete