Crispy Fish Fry is a yummy and crispy, snack or starter. Inspired by the homemade KFC chicken fry, (Click here for Homemade KFC chicken fry) I thought of trying the same preparation with fishes with some twist in it. My husband enjoyed this recipe very much and it has become our favorite starter. I have used anchovies you can use any fish of your choice but see that they don't have much bones in them or remove the bones and then use them. If you get fish fillets then use them for best results. Scroll down to know how I made this crispy fish fry.
- Anchovy/Nethili - 5 pieces (I have made this fry with anchovy (nethili fish), you can chose any kind of fish)
- Oats/Bread crumbs/Corn flakes - 1 cup
- Maida flour / Corn flour - 5 spoons
- Red chilli powder - 1 spoon
- Lemon juice - 1 spoon
- Pepper powder - 1 spoon
- Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Garlic powder - 1/4 spoon (optional)
- Egg - 1
- Salt - As required
- Oil - For Frying
- Clean the fish pieces well and set aside. Drain water and pat dry them with a kitchen towel or tissue. Make slits on the fish using a knife.
- In a blender/mixer add oats/corn flakes, a pinch of salt and just give a pulse. It should be a coarse mixture not powder. If you are using bread crumbs do not grind it.
- Make a batter of the following and keep aside;
- Egg white + Red chilli powder + Lemon juice + Garlic powder + Ginger-Garlic paste + Salt
- Marinate the fish pieces in batter the for an hour.
- Make a paste of the following;
- Maida flour/Corn flour + Pepper powder + 1/4 cup of water + salt
- Dip the marinated fish pieces in this prepared paste and coat with oats/bread crumbs/corn flakes.
- Shallow fry the fish pieces until it turns brown.
- Serve with sauce.
TIP 1: Marinate the fish pieces for atleast half an hour, so that the masalas gets absorbed well.
TIP 2: Be careful not to over grind corn flakes/oats. Just a pulse will do. If you don't have any of the above ingredients to coat the fish, you can also use roasted chana dal powder to coat the fishes, but it won't be that crispy.
TIP 3: You can use fish fillets for this fry it will make great starter.
Crispy fish fry is ready. Serves as a treat to your taste buds and tummy. Makes a great snack and starter.
Hey, it looks like you've killed the bug too. My site was affected as well, because of the Blogarama :( I'm happy I managed to check your blog today, your posts look as yummy as ever :)ReplyDelete
Thank you Petro!! Yeah I was totally upset with the malware notice, and fiinally managed it as well, Glad to see you again on my commenting section!!!!Delete