When thinking of making something with eggs we either make omelettes, boiled eggs and fried eggs, making the same omlettes made me bored, to get rid of the boredom I tried a delicious egg recipe long ago, that really came out well. I love to make them whenever I have ample time left, because this preparation needs some time and loads of care. But as we all know patience pays. You can try variations also. This recipe can be had as a snack or as side-dish, and can also be used to replace chicken/paneer in curry preparations. Eggs are rich in proteins and helps in hair growth and protects eyes and I appreciate eating atleast 3 eggs a week. My other egg recipes are, Boiled egg gravy and Egg Gravy. In these gravies you can replace normal eggs with these cubes. Now lets see the recipe needs and preparation method, this is my own tried and tested recipe, though it takes time to prepare am sure it will come out well. Kids will love it too. Do try this Egg Cubes recipe and You'll love it.
(Serves two people)
- Eggs - 3
- Onions - 1
- Pepper - 1/2 spoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 spoon (optional)
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 spoon
- Oil - 2 spoons
- Butter - 1 spoon (optional)
- Chop onions and set aside.
- In a pan add a spoon of oil and fry chopped onions till it turns slightly brown and keep aside.
- In a bowl add the following and beat well.
- Eggs + Pepper powder + Red chilli powder + Cumin seeds + Fried onions + Salt + A spoon of oil.
- Take a glass bowl or stainless steel bowl add a spoon of oil or butter and spread it well, like you would do for greasing a cake mould.
- The bowl must have enough depth. Should not be too shallow then you won't get the egg cubes.
- Now pour the egg mixture in to the bowl (using a non-stick pan will be better).
- In a bigger pan add water and place on flame. Now place the bowl in it. This process is known as double boiling.
- Cook till the egg gets cooked and seems solid. This may take upto 30 minutes.
- Now remove from flame and using a knife slowly slide into the sides of the bowl.
- Remove the cooked egg from the bowl carefully.
- Chop it into medium sized cubes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves/mint leaves and Serve.
TIP 1: While double boiling be very careful to immerse the bowl only upto half its height or else the water will get into the bowl while boiling.Use a non stick pan or bowl to avoid the eggs from sticking to the pan.
TIP 2: Watch closely while preparing and be patient to get the best outcome.
TIP 3: Some of the egg mixture will be sticking to the bowl even after removing so nothing to worry.
TIP 4: Grease the bowl fully to avoid too much sticking of eggs.
TIP 5: If the cooked egg doesn't come out easily, just cut it into half and then remove it using a spoon.
TIP 6: Don't use plastic bowls for double boiling
Delicious Egg Cubes are now ready. Serve as a snack or side dish or use it to make gravies.