Fruits are nature's best ready made snacks according to me. A person who is on a diet should take a bowl of fruit salad to supplement the nutrition he/she loses from the diet control. Also people who want to have a clean skin and stomach should have only fruits for continuously three days to cleanse the body and get rid of impurities. Kids make a fuss to eat breakfast or even eating a single fruit will make them bored, fruit salads are the best way to make a fussy kid get all kinds of nutrition. Here in this recipe I have given it a touch of pepper that gives a nice flavor and helps to ease digestion and improve intestinal problems, since some fruits like apples are hard to digest and can make you upset or feel bloated. It is very delicious and provides all the necessary vitamins, minerals required, in a single bowl. So here goes the delicious preparation.
(Serves 2 bowls)
- Apple - 1
- Orange - 1
- Mango - 1
- Pomegranate kernels - 1/2 cup
- Banana - 1/2 (optional)
- Powdered Figs - 1 spoon (See tip 4)
- Pepper powder - 1/4 spoon
- Raw mango powder/Amtur powder - 1/4 spoon (optional)
- Honey - 2 spoons
- Fresh cream - 2 spoons
- Chop all the fruits into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Crush a few orange pieces and squeeze the juice form it and set aside. (2 spoons will do). This is an optional step.
- In a large bowl add the chopped fruits, Pomegranate kernels, fig powder, pepper powder, raw mango powder, honey, squeezed orange juice and toss well.
- Serve in small serving cups.
- Top up with cream and a pinch of pepper before serving if you wish.
TIP 1: Raw mango powder gives a tangy flavor which gives a twist to the salad. But if it is not available you can add a spoon of lemon juice to it.
TIP 2: You can also add mayonnaise to the salad, it will be yummier.
TIP 3: Add other fruits according to your wish.
TIP 4: Figs powder/Powdered figs is nothing but ground figs. I have ground some figs and have stored them for using it in milk, salads, and other recipes. They are so healthy, iron rich and good for kids and women. Add a spoon of this in all your preparations as possible.
Yummy fruit salad is now ready!! A bowl of chilled fruit salad with two slices of toast will fill your tummy!!
Sending this recipe to Julie's Show me your hits - Iron rich food
And a beauty tip from the waste product of this fruit salad;
Do not throw away peeled orange skins. You can make a skin nourisher and cleansing liquid using it!!
How to prepare?
- In a saucepan, boil water. (I did not need boiling water, the tap water was already boiling due to the hot summer here in India!! :( Oh dear)
- Meanwhile tear the orange skins into medium sized pieces and set aside.
- Pour the hot water to it and leave it soaked for 6 hours.
- Strain the water and collect this liquid in a clean glass bottle.
- Store in refrigerator for future use.
How to use?
- Before leaving your house for parties or office or anywhere, just take a spoon of this orange cleansing liquid and apply on your face and neck.
- Wash after 10 minutes.
- Your skin will glow in just a few days.
- Nourishes your skin with Vitamin C.
- Gives a fair and glowing complexion.
- Cleanses the face within minutes and gets rid of dirt.
Do not use if;
- You are allergic to citrus fruits.
- Have pimples? Don't use orange flavored or any citrus flavored creams or liquids, some say that they cause more break outs on skin. Am not sure.
Hope you liked the tip :)
And friends please help me in choosing a prize for the upcoming event, poll is on the bottom of the side-bar :)