Soybeans coconut curry is a mildly spiced and flavored recipe that goes well with Poori and Chapati. It is creamy and delicious with rich coconut flavor in it. Soybeans are rich in Vitamins, Proteins, Low in fat and very good for skin, hair and muscles. It has been found to help repair damages in skin and muscles. Try this recipe once in a while to get essential amino acids and nutrients. The same curry can be prepared with peas also.
(Serves 2 as side-dish)
- Soybeans/Soya beans - 1 cup
- Coconut paste - 1/2 cup (or) Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 3 spoons
- Lemon juice - 2 spoons
- Coriander leaves - Few
- Curry leaves - Few
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 spoon
- Green chillies - 2
- Garlic pods - 1
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece
- Cumin seeds - 1 spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 spoon
- Peppercorns - 1/2 spoon
- Mustard - 1/2 spoon
- Sugar - 1/2 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 2 spoons
- Soak soybeans over night and drain excess water from it, set aside.
- Remove skin and crush garlic and ginger, set aside.
- In a pressure cooker add the following ingredients and pressure cook for 12 minutes;
- Soybeans + 3 cups of water + Cumin seeds + Fennel seeds + Crushed garlic + Crushed ginger + Salt
- Mean while in a wok/pan, add oil and after the oil heats up add mustard seeds, and let it splutter.
- Then add curry leaves, peppercorns, and saute for few seconds.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste, slit green chillies and saute well.
- Then add the pressure cooked beans along with the water and stir well.
- Let the water content reduce a little.
- Now add rice flour and stir well, check for salt and add if necessary.
- Add the coconut paste/coconut milk, set on low flame and stir occasionally.
- Add sugar and cook until the curry thickens.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and remove from flame.
TIP 1: You can also add potatoes if you wish or make the same curry with peas.
TIP 2: Add Cumin powder and garam masala if you want more aroma and flavor.
Delicious and simple soybeans coconut curry is now ready!! Enjoy with Poori or Chapati!!