Raw mango pickle is the top scorer among pickles. No one would say, no! to a spicy tangy pickle with curd rice. I love this instant mango pickle with sambar rice, its my Mom's special. The flavors from Hing and Fenugreek seeds makes it awesome and will make you want more. When you have raw mangoes you can make this instant pickle it can be stored for a week. This pickle will invite, uninvited guests to your home, while preparing with its aroma. Try it and you will love it.
INGREDIENTSTotal Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Serves 2 people
- Raw mango - 1
- Red chilli powder - 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder - A pinch
- Hing / Asafoetida - 1/4 spoon
- Mustard - 1 spoon
- Skinned black gram / Urad dal - 1 spoon
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Gingelly oil - 4 spoon
- Chop raw mango into smaller pieces.
- In a wok/pan add oil, after it heats up add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add urad dal, fenugreek seeds, and saute for a few seconds. Do not over roast it.
- Now add the chopped raw mango pieces saute for a minute.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and stir well.
- Cook on low flame for 5 minutes and stir well.
- Remove from flame and serve.
TIP 1: Add more oil if you want to preserve it for a week. This pickle can be stored in refrigerator and used for a week.
TIP 2: Add more red chilli powder if you want it to be more spicy.
TIP 3: Hing/asafoetida gives the pickle a unique flavor so do not avoid it.
Tangy and Spicy Immediate Raw Mango Pickle / Thidir Mangai Urugai is now ready!! Serve with curd rice or sambar rice!!