At times we must have the witty nature to make kids or even our hubbies or ourselves eat healthy. "Healthy food cannot be tasty" has been a fixed fact in among everyone. So it is now our duty to satisfy taste buds and at the same time provide enough nutrition we need. Being a home-maker or a Mom or a wife, we must be innovative enough to disguise nutrition under the tasty cover. I loved the idea of Rainbow Paratha by Recipe world (click here to visit her rainbow paratha recipe), she had been so innovative in making a nutritious dish to look very attractive. I have prepared these beetroot omelettes that are rich in protein from eggs and also other necessary vitamins and minerals from beetroots. These omelettes looks like fritters or some vada and are tasty and nutritious too, lets see how to prepare this recipe.
- Eggs - 2
- Grated beetroot - 2 spoons (Make a paste of it, if for kids - See tip 2)
- Chopped onions - 1 spoon
- Curry leaves - Few
- Coriander leaves - Few
- Chopped green chillies - 1/4 spoon (or) Red chilli powder - Few pinches
- Pepper powder - Few pinches
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 2 to 3 spoons
- Add all the ingredients except oil to the egg and beat well.
- Heat a Kuzhi paniyaram pan and add oil into each holes. (You can use normal dosa pan to make these omelettes too)
- Pour small scoops into the holes of kuzhi paniyaram pan.
- When the omelette has been cooked on one side, turn the other side and let it sit for few minutes.
- Turn once again and see that it is well cooked. (You will get 12-15 mini omelettes)
- Remove from the pan and serve with sauce or plain.
TIP 1: If you are serving it to kids don't add red chilli powder or green chillies, you can omit them.
TIP 2: Kids may not like beetroot, so if it is visible they might not want to have it, so you can also grind beetroot into paste and then add it to the eggs.
TIP 3: Cumin seeds gives a good aroma and flavor if you do not want it you can omit it also.
TIP 4: Use a normal wok/pan for making these omelettes if you don't have a kuzhi paniyaram pan or if you are not interested in using them.
TIP 5: If you serve immediately after making the omelettes it will be very fluffy and will look attractive.
Nutritious and Delicious Beetroot omelettes are now ready!! Serve plain, or with sauce also can be taken as side-dish with with sambar/lentil rice!!
Sending this recipe to Akila's event "Dish name starts with M"