Vegetable salad is a comfort food for me, its so easy to make and so healthy too and no extra calories. When making salads we use different kinds of vegetables that provides us with different nutrients required, just from a single bowl. It is a best substitute for food or snacks for those who are controlling their diet. Usage of different colored vegetables provides us various Vitamins, Anti-oxidants and Minerals. So the more vegetables we use the more better it would be. Instead of making the plain salad always, preparing it like a chat will always make kids to love it.It is so filling and tasty too. Lets see how to prepare it.
(Serves 2 Bowls)
- Chopped cabbage - 1/2 cup
- Chopped carrots - 1/2 cup
- Chopped onion - 1/4 cup
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup
- Chopped tomato - 1/4 cup
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2 spoons
- Chopped mint leaves - 1 spoon (optional)
- Lemon juice - 2 spoons
- Chat masala - 1/2 spoon
- Dry mango powder - Less than 1/4 spoon
- Pepper powder - 1/4 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Saute capsicum in a wok with or without oil for a minute and set aside. I did not use oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and toss it well.
- Serve in smaller bowls.
TIP 1: You can try your own versions using the same method.
TIP 2: If the onion is too pungent toss it along with the capsicum and add prepare the salad.
TIP 3: You can also add a handful of sprouts to the salad.
Serve a bowl during lunch or breakfast, or during snack time or during dinner!! Crunchy Mixed Vegetable Salad Chat is now ready!!