Scrambled Egg Rice is a mildly flavored rice prepared with either fresh cooked rice or leftover rice. Whenever there is some leftover rice and am not in the mood to try some specialty dishes I opt for this easy rice preparation. This recipe is something that I have been tasting since childhood. Mom used to prepare this for me and I would call it the home-made fried rice as it tastes very similar. It is not spicy and hence perfectly suitable for kids. From a single serving you will be able to provide all nutrition that is required for the day. I have added paneer cubes to the rice but you can just prepare the recipe with eggs alone. The recipe provides, carbohydrates, protein from eggs, calcium from paneer and also other minerals from cabbage and onions. Try this and am sure you and your kids will love it. Serve with some chicken fry, spicy gravy or curry.
Total Preparation Time - 10 minutes
- Cooked rice - 2 cups (Leftover rice can be used)
- Eggs - 2
- Chopped onion - 1/2 cup
- Chopped cabbage - 1/2 cup
- Paneer / Cottage cheese - 100 grams (Optional)
- Chopped garlic - 2 spoons
- Pepper powder - 1/4 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 2 spoons + 1 spoon
- Beat eggs well add a pinch of salt, then scramble it in a wok/pan and set aside.
- Chop paneer into small cubes and add a pinch of salt and roast it in the same wok/pan that you have used for making scrambled eggs. Roast until the cubes turns slightly brownish. Set aside
- In another pan add 2 spoons of oil, after it heats up add chopped garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions, cabbage and saute well until the onions turns slightly brownish.
- Now add salt, pepper powder and saute well.
- Add the scrambled eggs, and stir well.
- Now add the roasted paneer cubes and saute only for few seconds.
- Add cooked rice and stir well.
- Make sure the rice has got mixed well with the vegetables and scrambled eggs.
- Check for salt and add if necessary.
- Close the pan/wok cook on low flame for a minute.
- Remove from flame.
TIP 2: If you are going to use leftover rice be sure to steam it again well using a pressure cooker / reheat it using your method, then use it.
TIP 3: See that the cooked rice does not stick to each other, the grains should be separate.
Delicious Scrambled Egg Rice is ready, serve plain or with any spicy gravy!!
Its raining awards again!!
Now Preeti, from Indian Kitchen & Poorni from Easy & Homely Cookbook has shared the Liebster blog award with me
Kavi from Kavi's kitchen has shared the Sunshine award,Versatile blogger awards and Inspirational blog awards, though I have already been awarded with these earlier, its my pleasure to accept the awards once again from Kavi.
All the three of them are very enthusiastic and fabulous bloggers. Their blogs have a wonderful collection of recipes do visit them for virtual treat.
Thank you Preethi, Poorni and Kavi :) Its wonderful to get support from fellow bloggers!!
I would love to share these awards with my fellow blogger friends!!