Are you a fan of spicy recipes, chicken or egg then this Scrambled Eggs in Spicy Chicken Masala is for you. The two makes a healthy and delicious combination. The scrambled eggs gets soaked well in the spicy masala and each bite makes it a delight. You can try the same with lamb/mutton. This is a spicy and aromatic masala that goes well with Chapati, Roti, all other Indian breads, Rice varieties and Dosa too. I always prefer to use skinless chicken for health issues and the breast pieces are perfectly good for health, with low fat, lots of protein and other vital minerals and vitamins. Eggs are protein rich too. Now lets see what is required and how to prepare this yummy recipe.
- Chicken - 250 grams
- Eggs - 2
- Big onions - 1
- Tomatoes - 1
- Green chillies - 1
- Coconut paste - 1/4 cup
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 spoon
- Curry leaves - Few
- Coriander leaves - A handful
- Red chilli powder - 2 spoons (1 spoon if you want it less spicy)
- Coriander powder - 1 spoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder - 1/2 spoon
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Star anise - 1
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 spoon
- Mustard - 1/4 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 5 spoons
- Wash the chicken pieces well in water and marinate with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside for 15 minutes and wash it again to remove the bacteria and any germs in the chicken. Keep the washed pieces aside.
- In a pan add oil and after it heats add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaf, cloves, star anise and saute. Be careful not to over burn the spices.
- Now add curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste and coriander leaves and stir well.
- Add chopped onions and saute until it turns translucent.
- Then add slit green chillies and stir well.
- Then add all the dry powders, such as red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, salt and stir well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Cook the masala on low flame until the tomatoes turns mashed and well cooked.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs well and scramble them on a pan until they get cooked well and set aside.
- After the masala seems cooked add the washed chicken pieces and coconut paste and stir well.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook on low flame.
- Check for salt and add if necessary.
- After the water reduces to 3/4th of its original volume add the scrambled egg pieces to it and stir well.
- Cook on low flame until the chicken gets cooked and gravy thickens. This may take 20 minutes or more depending on the chicken and the amount being cooked.
- Add coriander leaves stir well and remove from flame once the masala is well cooked.
TIP 1: You can reduce the addition of red chilli powder to reduce spiciness.
TIP 2: If you are going to use lamb/mutton pressure cook them for 10-15 minutes and then use them in the preparation.
TIP 3: You can also use bell peppers to enhance the flavor.
Spicy, aromatic and delicious Scrambled Eggs in Spicy Chicken Masala is ready!! Serve with Rice, Indian bread varieties, Pulao, Dosa, Biryani etc!!!
eggs will make the chicken more tastier.. perfect recipe..ReplyDelete
Thank you..Yeah it makes it more yummy :)Delete
nice recipe...........very tasty.ReplyDelete
Thank you Simran :)Delete
looks yummy.....i will try it soon..ReplyDelete
chicken with eggs i never tried...
Thank you Bhavna, do try and let me know the feedback :)Delete
Wow! This is awesome, thangai! And I loved how you've put the ingredients on that picture! I need to learn that from you.ReplyDelete
Thank you akka :) Just tried and thank you for the appreciation akka.. You always make note of even the slightest change I make and never forget to appreciate me..You are such a perfect sis :)Delete
Love this recipe so much,looks delicious.ReplyDelete
Thank you Suja :)Delete
my hubby's going to love this...very nice recipe dear :-)ReplyDelete
Thank you so much Sonali :)Delete
Nice twist to the regular c.masala,yummy!!ReplyDelete
Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)
2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom
Thank you Julie :)Delete
wow... delicious gravy... looks fantastic...ReplyDelete
Thank you so much Amina :)Delete
wonderful recipe..curry looks so tempting!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much Poonam :)Delete
never cooked eggs and chicken combination, bookmarked...ReplyDelete
Yum! Yum! Yum!
Thank you so much Mythreyi :)Delete
I just love this dish...scrambled eggs n chicken, an awesome combo:) sure on my list...will post comment after trying :)ReplyDelete
Hi Priya am sure you will love it.. Please share your feedback after trying :) That means a lot to me!!Delete
It's tempting too muchReplyDelete
Thank you so much Akila :)Delete
awesome. this bhurji looks so delicious. As usual nice recipeReplyDelete
Thank you so much :)Delete
What a great combination! I am a big fan of spicy recipes :)ReplyDelete
Me too :) Thank you so much Cathleen:)Delete
Never tried scrambled eggs and chicken together in masala,sounds absolutely irresistible.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much Simran, do try sometime :)Delete
i have never heard about this dish, let see it worksReplyDelete
Very good recipe.ReplyDelete
Cosmetic Surgery India
Thnx its helps me alot for making egg gravy ,,😋😋😋ReplyDelete