Are you a fan of spicy recipes, chicken or egg then this Scrambled Eggs in Spicy Chicken Masala is for you. The two makes a healthy and delicious combination. The scrambled eggs gets soaked well in the spicy masala and each bite makes it a delight. You can try the same with lamb/mutton. This is a spicy and aromatic masala that goes well with Chapati, Roti, all other Indian breads, Rice varieties and Dosa too. I always prefer to use skinless chicken for health issues and the breast pieces are perfectly good for health, with low fat, lots of protein and other vital minerals and vitamins. Eggs are protein rich too. Now lets see what is required and how to prepare this yummy recipe.
- Chicken - 250 grams
- Eggs - 2
- Big onions - 1
- Tomatoes - 1
- Green chillies - 1
- Coconut paste - 1/4 cup
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 spoon
- Curry leaves - Few
- Coriander leaves - A handful
- Red chilli powder - 2 spoons (1 spoon if you want it less spicy)
- Coriander powder - 1 spoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 spoon
- Pepper powder - 1/2 spoon
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cloves - 2
- Star anise - 1
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 spoon
- Mustard - 1/4 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 5 spoons
- Wash the chicken pieces well in water and marinate with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside for 15 minutes and wash it again to remove the bacteria and any germs in the chicken. Keep the washed pieces aside.
- In a pan add oil and after it heats add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaf, cloves, star anise and saute. Be careful not to over burn the spices.
- Now add curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste and coriander leaves and stir well.
- Add chopped onions and saute until it turns translucent.
- Then add slit green chillies and stir well.
- Then add all the dry powders, such as red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, salt and stir well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Cook the masala on low flame until the tomatoes turns mashed and well cooked.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs well and scramble them on a pan until they get cooked well and set aside.
- After the masala seems cooked add the washed chicken pieces and coconut paste and stir well.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook on low flame.
- Check for salt and add if necessary.
- After the water reduces to 3/4th of its original volume add the scrambled egg pieces to it and stir well.
- Cook on low flame until the chicken gets cooked and gravy thickens. This may take 20 minutes or more depending on the chicken and the amount being cooked.
- Add coriander leaves stir well and remove from flame once the masala is well cooked.
TIP 1: You can reduce the addition of red chilli powder to reduce spiciness.
TIP 2: If you are going to use lamb/mutton pressure cook them for 10-15 minutes and then use them in the preparation.
TIP 3: You can also use bell peppers to enhance the flavor.
Spicy, aromatic and delicious Scrambled Eggs in Spicy Chicken Masala is ready!! Serve with Rice, Indian bread varieties, Pulao, Dosa, Biryani etc!!!