Have you tasted coffee from street side stalls/Coffee shops? No! not the Cafe Coffee day, am talking about the coffee from street side Chai/Coffee stalls. The coffee there has an unique flavor and aroma. But there are stalls that are not so hygienic, I have seen people washing the used glasses in dirty water and serving tea in the same unclean cups, so I wouldn't recommend it but I can't give up its taste. In this post am going to discuss about this special coffee. A secret ingredient is added to coffee in those street stalls to give coffees a unique taste, I have shared the tip with you in this post. A perfect snack like popcorn chicken (click here for recipe), vada or baji will make your cup of coffee delightful. Lets go to the recipe and find what the secret ingredient is. A coffee lover will surely love this.
(Serves 1 cup)
- Instant coffee powder - 1/2 spoon (Adjust according to your likeness)
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Horlicks - 1/4 spoon (Yes this is the secret ingredient)
- Sugar - 2 spoons (Or as per taste)
- In a sauce pan add milk, water and let it boil.
- Add coffee powder, I added Bru, you can add your brand coffee powder.
- Stir well and remove from flame.
- Add horlicks and sugar to taste.
- Stir well and serve.
TIP 1: You can add 1 cup of milk instead of this 1:1 coffee:water ratio and make thicker coffee too using the same procedure.
TIP 2: Adjust coffee powder and other ingredients according to your wish.
Aromatic and flavorful Watery coffee is now ready!! Have this street side special on a lazy morning or evening with a snack!! Will be really refreshing!!
Happy weekend friends!!