Looking for a very crispy yet tasty beef fry?? then this is the recipe for you. This is a very scrumptious recipe that goes well as starter or sides. Beef 65 is my favorite but I don't prefer restaurant versions, as they will be under-cooked and tough to eat. Sometimes under-cooked beef can cause some health risks like tape-worm infections because the flesh of cow is infected often with these worms. So its better to prepare it at home. Cooking for atleast 30 minutes makes the flesh tender and gets rid of the worms and other microbes. The batter used in this recipe does not stick to the bottom of the pan and hence makes cooking easy too. Everyone in my family loved this crispy fry especially my Dad, he is a huge fan of my beef 65 preparation. Also my Dad wanted me to prepare the chilli beef (click here for recipe) again today, that I had prepared just few days before, now he is a fan of my chilli beef too!! So today I prepared this beef fry along with chilli beef recipe and we all enjoyed it. I had some excess batter left after frying the beef pieces which I used for making Onion Pakoras, that was so crispy and delicious. It was a triple hit today and am so glad. I will post the onion pakoras recipe tomorrow. Now lets see what's required and how to prepare Beef 65 / Crispy Beef Fry recipe. This is a very easy method that I have explained elaborately.
- Beef - 250 grams
- Corn flour - 7 spoons
- Rice flour - 10 spoons
- Ginger - 2 inches long piece
- Garlic pods - 4
- Red chilli powder - 3 spoons
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
- Curry leaves - Few
- Lemon - 1
- Tomato sauce - 1 spoon (Optional)
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - For deep frying
- Wash the beef pieces well in water until the water seems clear. It will take atleast 8 washes for the water to seem clear.
- In a pressure cooker add the following and pressure cook on low flame for 30 minutes;
1. Beef - 250 grams
2. Water - 1.5 cup
3. Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
4. Salt - As per taste
- Wash and peel ginger and garlic and make a paste of it. I used a small stone crusher to make the hand-made paste and I got exotic flavor.
- Make a batter with the following ingredients (except beef and oil). It should not be too thick nor too watery.
1. Corn flour - 7 spoons
1. Corn flour - 7 spoons
2. Rice flour - 10 spoons
3. Ginger-Garlic Paste (Prepared from the given ginger and garlic)
4. Red chilli powder - 3 spoons
5. Curry leaves - Few (tear it)
6. Salt - As per taste
7. Lemon juice - From 1 lemon
8. Tomato Ketchup - 1 spoon (Optional)
9. Water - As required
- Put the beef pieces into the batter and marinate for 10-30 minutes (Marinate depending on your time availability).
- Then heat oil in a wok/frying pan and after it heats up well deep fry the marinated beef pieces until it turns brownish and crisp.
TIP 1: You can use chicken and prawns also to make this fry.
TIP 2: Add a spoon of tomato sauce to the batter to enhance the flavor.
TIP 3: Wash the pieces well in water atleast 8 times. The water used for washing must be clear until then wash the pieces well. If its not washed properly the water will be red in color.
Crispy and Scrumptious Beef 65/Crispy Beef Fry is ready!! Serve as starter or sides and enjoy!!