Chilli Beef is a hot and spicy, delicious recipe that goes well with any kind of Indian bread varieties, Dosa, Hot steamed/boiled rice, Fried rice, Pulao, Biryani, etc. It so delicious and will taste like any restaurant version curries, yet the preparation needs very basic ingredients that can be found in your kitchen pantry. Its a hot preparation but still you can alter the spiciness, by cutting down the addition of green chillies if you don't want the recipe to be too hot. You can use this masala as Pizza topping too, for a delicious desi masala flavored Pizza and also as a filling for kathi rolls. I have used tomato sauce and capsicum two ingredients that do not fit themselves into the Indian ingredient list, but still I have added them for an extra flavor, if you need the pure Indian version cut down these ingredients, use another extra tomato and prepare the same recipe. I prepared this recipe today and it was so good and a great hit too, just try it and you'll know. My brother is a very picky eater when it comes to non-vegetarian recipes, but today he could not resist but taste and he ate almost half of the preparation, its always the best proof in our family, when my brother eats more than usual, to make others know that the recipe was too yummy. Now lets move on to the recipe.
- Beef - 500 grams
- Big onions - 5 (or 15 shallots)
- Capsicum - 2 (optional)
- Tomatoes - 1 (or 2 if not using tomato sauce)
- Green chillies - 8
- Garlic - 5 cloves or pods
- Ginger - 2 inch long piece
- Lemon juice - 2 spoons
- Tomato sauce - 4 spoons (optional; but using this gives a good flavor)
- Red chilli powder - 2 spoons
- Coriander powder - 1/2 spoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 spoon
- Cinnamon stick - Small piece
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 10 spoons
- In a pressure cooker add the following and pressure cook on low flame for 30 minutes;
1. Beef - 500 grams
2. Water - 1.5 cup
3. Turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
4. Salt - As per taste
- Meanwhile, chop onions, capsicum and green chillies finely. Peel skin and crush ginger and garlic and set them aside.
- In a pan add oil, after it heats up add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, fennel seeds, crushed ginger and garlic and saute well until the raw smell leaves.
- Then add finely chopped onions, salt and saute well till it turns translucent.
- Then add chopped green chillies, chopped tomato and saute well.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, and stir well.
- Now add tomato sauce, sprinkle some water and stir well.
- Then add chopped capsicum and stir for a minute.
- Add the pressure cooked beef (Keep the excess water aside) and stir well check for salt and add if necessary.
- Now add the excess water (water remaining in the cooker) and let it cook on high flame until the water content reduces and the gravy thickens.
- Remove from flame and Serve!!
TIP 1: Add more onions to make the recipe taste good. Also the onions should be chopped finely.
TIP 2: Reduce the addition of green chillies and red chilli powder if you don't want the recipe too hot.
TIP 3: Beef must be cooked for 30 minutes to kill all the microbes and worms present in it, also to make the meat softer. If you under-cook it it can cause worm infections.
Spicy, Delicious and Lip-smacking Chilli Beef is now ready!! Try it out and am sure it will be a big hit!! Enjoy with Indian bread varieties, Hot steamed/Boiled rice!!
Linking this to Ramadan Friendly recipes, also to Lubna's "Joy from fasting to feasting event" and Priya snd Jagruti's Olympic game event.