- Leftover prawns - 20 pieces
- Corn flour - 2 spoons
- All purpose flour (or) Besan flour - 1 spoon (optional)
- Rice flour - 2 spoons
- Curd - 1 spoon
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1/2 spoon
- Sambar powder - 1/2 spoon (optional)
- Red chilli powder - 1.5 spoons
- Saunf/fennel powder - A pinch
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - For deep frying
- Wash prawns well and remove extra masala. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients well, add water and make a thick batter.
- Now marinate the prawns with the batter.
- Set aside for 15 minutes and deep fry the prawns.
- Squeeze lemon and serve.
TIP 1 : You can use fresh prawns and prepare the same dish.
TIP 2 : Sambar powder gives a good aroma, but if you wish you can avoid it.
TIP 3 : Add a spoon of soya sauce for a restaurant type prawn 65.
TIP 4 : Fry the fried prawns once again on a high flame a second time to get crispy prawn 65 and be careful not to burn it.
TIP 5 : I haven't used any coloring agents, its carcinogenic and should be avoided. Without the addition of food colors itself the prawns look good.
TIP 6 : Besan flour will stick to the pan's bottom so try using corn flour and rice flour alone. But besan flour increases the taste. Or use all purpose flour instead.
Crispy prawn 65 is ready to be served!! Its really tasty and worth trying!!