INGREDIENTS(Serves 2 glasses/bowls)
- Aatu Kaal / Lamb Legs - 4 (Below the thigh pieces)
- Shallots / Pearl onions - 10 (Peeled and chopped into two)
- Tomato - 1 small one (chopped into bigger pieces or chunks)
- Garlic pods - 3 (Peeled)
- Coriander leaves - Few (Optional)
- Peppercorns - 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper powder - As required
- Salt - As per taste
- Water - 4 cups
- Add all the above ingredients (except pepper powder) into a pressure cooker, close the cooker with a lid and place on flame.
- After the steam starts to ooze out of the nozzle, place the whistle and simmer the flame. Cook on low flame for 30 - 35 minutes and remove from flame.
- After all the pressure gets released, remove the whistle and open the cooker.
- Strain and serve the clear soup. Add salt and pepper as per taste. Garnish with coriander leaves if you wish.
TIP 1: You can avoid the addition of coriander leaves, tomato, and garlic, it will still taste good.
TIP 2: If the lamb leg does not get cooked properly cook for another 10 minutes and then serve.