INGREDIENTS(Serves 2 glasses)
- Boiled Milk - 750 ml
- Almonds - 10
- Saffron - Two pinches
- Corn flour - 1/2 spoon (Optional)
- Cardamom pods - 2 (Crushed)
- Sugar - 5 to 6 spoons
- Soak almonds in hot water for 20 minutes and then peel off the skin. Put them in a blender and make a coarse powder out of it. Set aside.
- In a bowl add corn flour and some milk, mix well and set aside.
- Take a sauce pan and pour milk into it, place on flame and let it boil on low flame.
- After 2 minutes add the crushed cardamom pods, coarse almond mixture, saffron and stir well.
- Let the milk boil well on low flame for 15 minutes or until it reduces to 3/4th of its original volume. Keep stirring occasionally see that you use a deep sauce pan or else the milk will spill.
- Then add sugar, corn flour mix and stir well. Let it sit on flame for another 5 or 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. (set on flame until you get the consistency you wish)
- Then remove from flame.
- Serve hot or chilled.
TIP 1: I have added corn flour to thicken the drink and give it some creamy texture. You can omit/alter according to your wish. Badam milk should have the drinking consistency hence don't make it too thick by adding too much corn flour.
TIP 2: Some won't prefer cardamom flavor for such people you can avoid cardamom also.
TIP 3: You can serve it chilled or hot. In case you want to serve it chilled, wait for the preparation to reach room temperature then refrigerate.
TIP 4: Peel of the skin to get the perfect badam milk but if you still prefer you can use them without peeling. Soaking helps to peel off the skin and gives some extra crunchiness. So never forget to soak them.
TIP 5: I like the titbits of badam while drinking so I have ground them into big coarse pieces you can grind them less coarse or fine according to your wish.
Delicious and filling drink dear....ReplyDelete
Healthy and yummy kheer,love the presentation.ReplyDelete
looks so good... please bring this when you come home :PReplyDelete
Ha ha ha oh dear!! I drank it all myself :) Sorry!! :pDelete
i like chilled badam drink :) lovely presentation..ReplyDelete
wow so healthy and yummy badam milk. i think i have badam wud try it soonReplyDelete
yummy and healthy kheer....ReplyDelete
Yummy delicious Badam drink...lovely clicks.ReplyDelete
Lovely ! Thanks for linking it to my Virtual Eid Potluck Party.ReplyDelete
oh..my dear..y u r tempting me...its mouth watering..i want itReplyDelete
Delicious and full of energy..ReplyDelete
Healthy and delicious drink!ReplyDelete
Rich almond drink. Looks Amazing!ReplyDelete
lovely presentation Divya !! Amazing :-)
lovely presentation..& healthy paalReplyDelete
Lipsmacking badam paal Divya. Very inviting.ReplyDelete
Love this yummy drink.. Neat presentation.ReplyDelete
Divya's Culinary Journey
Yummy, well clicked.ReplyDelete
Very healthy drink n loved ur awesome presentationReplyDelete
Event: Dish name starts with N
Real rich and healthy health drink....ReplyDelete
Beautiful pictures :) Thanks for linkingReplyDelete
Healthy Drink ,Instead of cornflour we are using little rice.ReplyDelete
Super tempting and yummy drinkReplyDelete
The pics are so tempting.. want to take a large sip now :)ReplyDelete
Very delicious and yummy kheer.ReplyDelete
My Monthly Event - Spotlight : "Healthy Snacks"
Delicious kheer,luks very tempting...ReplyDelete
wow... looks so delicious... but still now i din't have badam milk...ReplyDelete
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Its super tempting n delicious :)ReplyDelete
thanks for the easy Badam Kheer recipe. it was easy to made and have good taste. it is so delicious and yummy. here am giving you variety kheer recipe made with carrot. discover the easy Carrot Kheer recipe.ReplyDelete
Nice presentation... must be tasty too.Thanks for sharing...ReplyDelete