Buttery apple slices is a rich and yummy dessert that I prepare from my childhood days. It is so simple that even kids can make it. Just a few apple slices and some handy ingredients from your pantry is enough to make this yummy dessert. I have used a sauce made of milk to top the slices, you can use nutella or condensed milk or any sweet sauce of your choice instead. Try it out and am sure you will love it, especially kids. This is healthy too, we all know apple benefits us in many ways, like it improves immunity, prevents cancers, avoids heart diseases etc. Serve as snack or dessert, and amaze your friends and family. Lets see how to make this simple yet delicious dessert.
- Apple - 1
- Butter - As required (I used 2 spoons)
- Honey - 2 spoons (Optional)
For making sauce - Optional (You can use condensed milk or any sweet sauce of your choice)
- Sugar - 3 spoons
- Milk -1/4 cup
- Butter - 1/4 spoon
- Make very thin slices of apple using a Slicer.
- Then in a tawa or pan add some butter and toast all the slices for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Remove from flame when the slices turn slightly brownish. (not too brownish)
- Then arrange them/pile them like you will do for pancakes. (one slice over the other)
- Top/pour some sweet sauce of your choice. (I have used sauce made of milk, butter and sugar, check preparation below).
- Then pour some honey over it.
- Serve with a fork or tooth pick pricked on its top!!
To Prepare Sauce: (For measurements refer Ingredients section)
- In a pan add milk, butter and sugar, stir well till it thickens up. (It will have slightly curdled consistency)
- Now remove from pan and use it to top the buttery apple slices.
TIP 1: You can add some cinnamon and cardamom powder to honey if you like its flavor.
TIP 2: You can peel the skin from apples, but slices with skin looks more attractive.
TIP 3: Instead of butter you can use ghee (clarified butter) also.
TIP4: You can also chill them or serve them immediately.
A very exotic and yummy dessert is ready to amaze your guests and friends!! Try it you will love it!!!
Linking to the following events!!