Looking for a spiced and tasty meat patties then I recommend these Indian styled beef patties. They are so delicious and you will definitely fall in love with these. The peppercorns added to these patties gives a very good aroma and flavor when you take a bite. Today I had to hide some patties for taking pics, all the patties just started to vanish as I was preparing them, everybody loved these. You can serve them along with a simple Salad, Soup or with Biryani too!! Also you can use these for preparing burgers and sandwiches. I have not used any flour for coating or binding the meat, but I have used a potato for taste sake so you can enjoy pure meat version. But if you wish you can add some besan flour or maida to make them bind well and give out perfect shapes. Tastes great, I mean it!! try it and you will agree with me. Lets now see what's required and how to make these patties.
For my soft chicken ball recipe click here!!!
INGREDIENTS(Makes 8 patties or 10 balls)
- Beef - 200 grams
- Potatoes - 1
- Onions - 1
- Ginger - 1 inch long piece
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Red chilli powder - 1 spoon
- Peppercorns - 1 spoon
- Feenel seeds - 1 spoon
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small stick
- Lemon juice - 1 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 5 spoons
- Steam/boil potato well until it gets cooked and peel of its skin. Mash it well and set aside.
- In a blender add all the above ingredients (except oil) along with the mashed potato and grind well until the mixture seems smooth. Don't add even a drop of water.
- With your hands mix well until it seems like a dough as shown in the picture.
- Take a lemon sized ball and press them with your fingers to make patties. Repeat this for the rest of the meat mixture.
- Heat a tawa/pan, spread some oil (nonstick pans preferred) and cook each side on low flame for 5-6 minutes or until they get cooked well.
- Or you can make balls out of it and deep fry them. Handle these patties or balls with care they will be so delicate and so don't keep stirring and changing sides often.
- Serve with salads or make burgers or sandwiches using these patties.
TIP 1: I made smaller thin patties because beef takes a long time to cook, so if we make bigger patties they may not get cooked properly and will remain tough.
TIP 2: While cooking they will easily break if you keep stirring the balls or change sides of the patties often. So leave them undisturbed until they get cooked properly slowly change sides and cook them again.
TIP 3: Please be careful to cook these patties on low flame to make sure that the inner portion also gets cooked well.
TIP 4: You can also grill these meat patties. But don't deep fry them.
TIP 5: If you wish you can use a round shaped cutter to cut a perfect round shape of these and then cook them.
Try it you will just love these!! Tastes so good!!
These balls were so crispy than the patties but see that you handle them with care while frying or else they will break! You will absolutely love these!!