Besan Ladoo is an Indian festive sweet prepared using gram flour. These are rich, aromatic and yummy ladoos that just melts in your mouth. Perfectly suits any festive season and is so easy to make, it requires very few ingredients that will be normally present in any Indian kitchen pantry. Roasted besan flour combines with ghee and cardamom gives and out such awesome taste and flavors. In my version I have added milk which gives the ladoos a good flavor and helps the flour to blend well with the sugar and makes it smoother and even more richer. Festive season is nearing, prepare and serve these ladoos and serve your guests, friends and family members to bring up the festive mood. Now lets see how to make these ladoos.
INGREDIENTS(Serves 8 lemon sized ladoos)
- Besan / Gram flour / Kadalai maavu - 1 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 spoon
- Ghee - 1/2 cup + 3 spoons
- Heat a pan/wok, add 1/2 cup of ghee and add the besan flour (kadalai maavu) into the pan and roast well until you get a nice aroma.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and stir well.
- Sprinkle some milk and keep stirring until the flour turns slightly brownish.
- Now pour the remaining milk and stir well. The mixture will form a dough and will not stick to the pan. At this stage add 3 spoons of ghee and mix well for 2 minutes and remove from flame.
- When it warms down mix well with your hands, take a small portion of this dough and press well, then roll into balls.
- Top with chopped or sliced nuts or serve plain.
TIP 1: Be sure to roast the flour well but don't over do it.
Rich and Yummilicious Besan Ke Ladoo / Besan Ladoo / Kadalai Maavu Ladoo is now ready!!