Am sure many of you would have come across uninvited guests or surprise visitors and most of the time you would not have had anything to serve them or you might have been left blank without any idea of what to do. For such cases here comes a savior, a handy, yummy and simple kheer recipe. This will be your time-saver and will definitely earn you many praises. Wheat flour, milk, some nuts and five minutes are enough to make an instant and yummilicious payasam. Tastes too good and no one will believe that you have made this payasam with wheat flour. Try this its too simple to make, so delicious and is equally healthy too. You can feed fussy toddlers and kids with this yummy kheer, they'll love it. I have used rose essence here you can add vanilla essence instead according to your wish and availability of ingredients. Amaze your guests, family and friends with this tasty and easy kheer recipe. Come lets see whats required and how to make this delicious instant kheer.
INGREDIENTS(Serves 1 small bowl; Preparation time - 5 minutes)
- Wheat flour - 1½ spoons (I used Ashirvaad atta)
- Milk - 250 ml (Boiled)
- Sugar - 3 to 4 spoons
- Finely chopped almonds / Chopped cashews - 2 spoons
- Raisins (Dry grapes) - Few (Optional)
- Cardamom pods - 2 (crushed)
- Rose essence - 2 drops
- Ghee - 3 to 4 spoons
- Heat a sauce pan /wok and add ghee to it. Now add the chopped almonds or cashews, crushed cardamom pods and saute for a minute on low flame. Then add the raisins and wait until it puffs up.
- Now add the wheat flour and stir well so that it forms a paste. Keep stirring to avoid lumps. Cook on low flame.
- After a minute of stirring pour milk and stir well so that the paste gets mixed well, you won't have any trouble with this.
- Now add the sugar and keep stirring.
- After a few minutes the mixture will start to thicken, at this stage add the rose essence and stir well for a few seconds. Now remove from flame. Don't thicken it too much.
TIP 1: I've added saffron mixture (add a pinch of Saffron/Kunguma poo to 1 spoon of warm milk and mix well) to kheer just before serving. You can add or avoid as per your wish.
TIP 2: I used almonds (badam) you can use any of the available nuts and prepare this kheer/payasam. Cashews tastes good too.
TIP 3: Don't let it thicken too much it will lose the kheer consistency.
TIP 4: You can also use vanilla essence instead of rose essence.
Delicious and Quick Wheat flour kheer is now ready!! Serve on special occasions or for your surprise guests!!
For good glassware ideas for serving guests click here! Loved all the cups here especially the 8th one, tell me which one you liked!!