Chicken ghee roast is a very famous and yummilicious recipe of South India. It tastes so good and can be either served as sides or starters too. My version of chicken ghee roast is so easy to make but tastes too good and is a dry curry version. The pieces in this version remain succulent and juicy and every bite turns out to be a delight. You will ask for more once you have tasted it. And another good reason to try this recipe is it is so easy, no marination required and so definitely not time consuming. Very few handy ingredients from your kitchen pantry and some chicken pieces are enough to try this recipe. You can accompany chapatis and any kind of rotis with this chicken ghee roast or serve with rice as sides. I served it with a simple and delicious, spinach (palak) salad and chapati, I have given the salad recipe at the end of the page do check it out. So now lets see how to prepare this delicious, succulent and delectable recipe.
INGREDIENTSMakes sides for 2
Total Preparation Time - 20 to 25 minutes
- Chicken - 200 grams (With skin preferred, but if you want a low fat version use skinned)
- Red chilli powder - 1 spoonful (6 to 8 grams)
- Turmeric powder - 3 pinches
- Salt - 1/4 spoon (2 to 3 grams) or as per taste
- Lemon juice - 1 spoon
- Ghee / Clarified Butter - 1 spoon
- Wash chicken pieces well in water.
- Heat a pan or wok and add ghee to it. After it melts add the chicken pieces and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and saute well. Keep sauteing.
- Saute occasionally for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- (This step is purely optional) Take the pieces and show directly in flame just for a few seconds and remove from flame. This gives an awesome flavor to chicken pieces.
TIP 1: You can use oil/butter instead of ghee. But the aroma of ghee makes it more flavorful.
TIP 2: Keep stirring that will make the chicken cooked well evenly.
A Fantastic, Lip-smacking and yummy Chicken Ghee roast is now ready!! Serve as sides or starters!! You will definitely love this!!
FOR SPINACH SALAD
- Spinach leaves/ Palak leaves - 3 or 4 (Washed well in water)
- Lemon juice - 1/4 spoon (or) just few drops
- Red chilli powder - 2 pinches