For Restaurant styled Paneer butter masala click here!!
INGREDIENTS(Serves 1 to 2 people)
Total Preparation Time - 15 minutes
- Paneer - 75 grams
- Big onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Coriander leaves - Few
- Red chilli sauce - 2 spoons
- Soya sauce - 2 spoons
- Corn flour - 1/2 spoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 spoon
- Pepper - 1/4 spoon
- Sugar - 1/4 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Butter - 1 spoon
- Chop paneer into small cubes and set aside. (If you get the store bought ones soak them in water for a few minutes and then chop them to make them more softer, I used homemade it was already soft enough, so I did not soak them)
- Place a pan on flame and add butter to it. After it melts add chopped onions and saute until it gets cooked well and turns translucent.
- Then add tomatoes and saute well until it becomes pulpy.
- Then sprinkle some water, add salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, red chilli sauce, red chilli powder, sugar and stir well.
- Now pour some 50 ml of water and stir.
- To a spoon of corn flour add little water and mix well without any lumps add this to the pan and mix well. Then add some chopped coriander leaves and stir well.
- When the mixture thickens well add the paneer cubes and mix well.
- Add pepper powder and cook for another 3 minutes on low flame and then remove from flame.
TIP 1: This is just a simple version, you can add diced capsicum (capsicum chopped into big squares), also some chopped green chillies, or red chilli flakes to make it spicier.
TIP 2: Do not add corn flour directly it will form lumps and ruin the recipe. You can replace paneer with fried chicken cubes also.
Simple. Less spicy and Yummy chilli paneer is now ready!! Serve along with Pulao, Chapati, Poori etc!!