Hi friends am here with another lovely post from one of my readers, Meena Arunachalam. Read more to know about her and her delicious recipe!!
After blogging I have come across a very different virtual world with different and lovely people all around me, encouraging me each time and helping me with things. I made really good friends and I've enjoyed every single bit of blogging. The most loveliest part is when my readers recognize and appreciate my work, infact we bloggers need some listeners right?. I must say that I have really got lovely readers who have been a great support, some mail me the suggestions and feedbacks, some remain silent yet are active readers and some post a feedback in the comments section. There are some who keep trying recipes and does not leave as such, they come back to my space to share their experience and suggestions.
One such reader is Meena Arunachalam, who recently has become a reader of my blog and also a lovely friend. Every time she tries my recipes she returns back to my space and gives a feedback saying how the recipe turned out. Its a great thing when someone tries your recipe and moreover its the proudest moment when they like it and revert back a feedback, that's where greatest joy lies for a blogger. Every time I see her comment I feel that my ultimate goal for blogging has been achieved. Thanks Meena for being such a support.
Today Meena is going to share with us a delicious chicken gravy that can be accompanied with biryanis or pulaos.
Meena has sent this recipe to participate in the
About Meena Arunachalam
When I asked Meena to introduce herself she gave such a simple and humble introduction as follows..
"Hello everybody, I am mother of two boys. Cooking is my passion ,I like to try lot of different recipes, and finally settled to try more traditional recipes. I started cooking to impress my 9 year old son. He is a very good critic. My interest in cooking has grown as they want to try different food much bored by the same routine food.
I have known Divya's space recently, I liked and tried many of her non-veg recipes which were more traditional, more like my granny's. I am so happy that I found a good blog and friend. Like the way she explains and gives extra notes, more helpful and confident to try. Needles to mention her reply to our comment is more faster, I was way too impressed by the way she acknowledges the visitor of her blog. She is very sweet and lovely person. She has been my inspiration for many things. I was indeed surprised, happy and delighted when she said she is going to publish my recipe in her blog. Thanks Divya. "
Thanks Meena for such lovely words and thanks again for this wonderful and irresistible chicken curry!! Such a drool-worthy curry it is!!
And friends, in case if you have missed, do check out the other post that I received from another lovely person Shafeeka!!
Over to Meena now!!!
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Onion - 3 (Diced / Chopped)
- Tomato - 1 medium sliced
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves - 10 leaves
- Chopped coriander leaves - 2tbsp
- Salt - As needed
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Whole Garam Masala
- Cinnamon stick / Pattai - 1
- Cardamom pods / Ellakai -3
- Bay leaf - 1
To Grind Into Paste
- Heat a kadai / pan and add 2 tbsp of oil, after it heats up add the whole garam masala and curry leaves, after it splutters add the chopped onions and saute until it turns translucent.
- Now add the chicken pieces and saute well.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 seconds.
- Now add red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then add the chopped tomato after 2 minutes.
- Now add the ground paste and saute well.
- Then add salt and pour 2 cups of water.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook on low flame until chicken gets cooked well.
- By now oil would have started to separate.
- After the chicken is cooked, simmer completely for 5 minutes, then add the chopped coriander leaves and remove from flame.
- Serve with vegetable biryani.
Super delicious Chicken Curry for biryanis is ready now!! Serve with Biryanis and enjoy!!!
Thanks a bunch Meena For being such an encouraging reader and a lovely person!! Am really very happy to have your recipe on my space!! Will definitely try your recipe soon!!
Now over to you friends, do share your valuable feedbacks and suggestions!! Also try this recipe am sure you will love it!!
Non-bloggers, those who wish to participate in the "60 Days To Christmas" event,
send your recipes (which are relevant to email-id if interested. ) to my
I will publish your recipes on on your behalf.
Click here for .
Click here for .