Who doesn't love soups on a cold winter evening? Warm soups really seem to warm our soul too. Every sip makes us feel more better and warm. Most people tend to love the creamier soups than the watery ones and I am one of that kind. This carrot soup is rich, warm and creamy so falls into this category, it is so simple to make and does not need cream nor much butter, just some milk and carrots will do the magic. It has a mild sweetness and a lovely color that even kids will love. We all know the health benefits that carrots can give us it is packed with Vitamins, antioxidants and is so nutritious, but the best thing I love about carrots is the way they nourish the skin. Carrots prevent acne as they act as a natural cleanser and also can prevent aging as they have beta carotene; this beta-carotene is an antioxidant that helps delay in aging of cells. Moreover it can be used to treat uneven skin tones due to pigmentation. Isn't it amazing, now am sure everyone would start including carrots in your diet if so add this soup also in the menu. Not only because this soup is healthy but also it tastes yum, just a spicy appetizer is enough to accompany this soul warming soup.
INGREDIENTSServes 1 person
Total Preparation Time - 10 to 15 minutes
- Carrots - 1
- Garlic pods - 2 / Garlic paste - 1/4 spoon
- Boiled milk - 100 ml (3/4th cup)
- Water - 50 ml (1/2 cup)
- Corn flour - 1/2 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Pepper powder - As required
- Butter - 1 spoon
- Wash carrots well in running water. Then scrap off the skin and chop carrots into medium sized pieces. Peel garlic and grind into a fine paste.
- Steam these carrot pieces in a idli pan (you can use a pressure cooker too it fastens the cooking, but do not boil just steam them) for 5 minutes or until it gets cooked well.
- Now set it aside until it cools, then add it to a blender and grind it well until it turns smooth.
- Place a pan on flame and add butter, saute garlic paste well until the raw smell leaves. Then add sliced onions and saute until they turn translucent. Then add the carrot paste and saute for a few minutes until you get a nice aroma.
- Then pour milk and water and boil for 3 to 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now take a cup add corn flour and pour some water, then mix thoroughly so that no lumps are found. Pour this into the pan and stir well.
- Add necessary salt and stir well.
- When the soup thickens remove from flame, sprinkle pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves and serve!!
TIP 1: If you want it spicier you can add some crushed peppercorns along with pepper powder before serving.
TIP 2: You can top the soup with some cream and butter before serving it will make the soup even more rich.