Who doesn't love soups on a cold winter evening? Warm soups really seem to warm our soul too. Every sip makes us feel more better and warm. Most people tend to love the creamier soups than the watery ones and I am one of that kind. This carrot soup is rich, warm and creamy so falls into this category, it is so simple to make and does not need cream nor much butter, just some milk and carrots will do the magic. It has a mild sweetness and a lovely color that even kids will love. We all know the health benefits that carrots can give us it is packed with Vitamins, antioxidants and is so nutritious, but the best thing I love about carrots is the way they nourish the skin. Carrots prevent acne as they act as a natural cleanser and also can prevent aging as they have beta carotene; this beta-carotene is an antioxidant that helps delay in aging of cells. Moreover it can be used to treat uneven skin tones due to pigmentation. Isn't it amazing, now am sure everyone would start including carrots in your diet if so add this soup also in the menu. Not only because this soup is healthy but also it tastes yum, just a spicy appetizer is enough to accompany this soul warming soup.
INGREDIENTSServes 1 person
Total Preparation Time - 10 to 15 minutes
- Carrots - 1
- Garlic pods - 2 / Garlic paste - 1/4 spoon
- Boiled milk - 100 ml (3/4th cup)
- Water - 50 ml (1/2 cup)
- Corn flour - 1/2 spoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Pepper powder - As required
- Butter - 1 spoon
- Wash carrots well in running water. Then scrap off the skin and chop carrots into medium sized pieces. Peel garlic and grind into a fine paste.
- Steam these carrot pieces in a idli pan (you can use a pressure cooker too it fastens the cooking, but do not boil just steam them) for 5 minutes or until it gets cooked well.
- Now set it aside until it cools, then add it to a blender and grind it well until it turns smooth.
- Place a pan on flame and add butter, saute garlic paste well until the raw smell leaves. Then add sliced onions and saute until they turn translucent. Then add the carrot paste and saute for a few minutes until you get a nice aroma.
- Then pour milk and water and boil for 3 to 5 minutes on low flame.
- Now take a cup add corn flour and pour some water, then mix thoroughly so that no lumps are found. Pour this into the pan and stir well.
- Add necessary salt and stir well.
- When the soup thickens remove from flame, sprinkle pepper powder and chopped coriander leaves and serve!!
TIP 1: If you want it spicier you can add some crushed peppercorns along with pepper powder before serving.
TIP 2: You can top the soup with some cream and butter before serving it will make the soup even more rich.
So creamy n delicious looking carrot soup, Sanjay love this kind of soup will try this :)ReplyDelete
perfect soup for this weather.ReplyDelete
Very comforting soup dear feel like sipping a spoonful :)ReplyDelete
V couple luvs soups.can imagine d taste of dis soup.will try soon.ReplyDelete
Looks creamy and yumm.........
new follower to your blog...
need some for this weather.ReplyDelete
Super comfort soup!!ReplyDelete
soup looks creamy and delicious.ReplyDelete
Lip-smacking, wouldn't mind finishing that bowl of soup.ReplyDelete
healthy and yummy:)ReplyDelete
Wow! Looks yum. Awesome Clicks.ReplyDelete
wow looks yumm :)ReplyDelete
Quick and simple soup recipes always win out. I LOVE carrot soup and these look absolutely delicious.ReplyDelete
yummy soup... really simple recipe but looks really sumptious...ReplyDelete
Feel to grab the soup.ReplyDelete
You are so right, thangai. Soup during cold winters makes my life so much brighter, they warm me up and help me go easier through the day.ReplyDelete
Your carrot soup looks delicious and I bet it also is. I could take one of your soups anytime, not only during winter time.
Hugs and kisses, sweetheart
creamy and yummy.. So tempting pics tooReplyDelete
Carrot soup looks soft and creamy.ReplyDelete
Very inviting clicks divya!! adore your photographs for the yummy soup!!ReplyDelete
Oh wow...super yummy delicious... :-) inviting clicks..ReplyDelete
Book marking it Sis! Will try sometime and let u know. As always love all the pics.ReplyDelete
Healthier soup, would like to have in this winter.ReplyDelete
Lovely soup.. Will prepare it for my sonReplyDelete
Neat presentation as usual my fav soup. I love anything that has carrot and soup is double bonus to me looks so yummy divya.ReplyDelete
Looks creamy and rich!! Prefect with toasted bread..ReplyDelete
Thanks for linking to the event dear..
Carrot soup looks so delicious...lvoe to have it on a rainy day with some toasted bread...ReplyDelete
Yummy creamy and delightful carrot soup Divy dear. Adorable pics. Would like to sip now...ReplyDelete