Many of us are very often encountered with surprise guests and hungry tummies, and I know the pain of preparing something delicious with no special ingredients at hand. Such a situation can make you go nuts but I promise that some humble ingredients from your kitchen pantry can make wonders and even gain you praises. Just some wheat flour is enough to make wheat flour kheer or some bananas will also do, you definitely do not need sago or semolina or rava to make a kheer nor any special ingredients, not even ghee or nuts!! Yes you can make payasam with humble wheat flour or bananas, it takes just a few minutes, but your guests will love it for sure. For wheat flour kheer click here and for the humble, easy and quick banana payasam scroll down. This banana payasam does not steal your time nor needs special ingredients, just few bananas, milk and grated coconut is enough to get the perfect appetizing payasam. You can also make these on special occasions, or for any party where you need to please a huge crowd. This involves very little effort and you will be thrilled with the welcome your payasam gets. To surprise your surprise guests with this kheer, lets get to know how I made it.
Check out my easy to make wheat flour kheer here!!
INGREDIENTSMakes 2 small cups of payasam
Total Preparation Time - 5 minutes
For printable recipe card click here
- Ripe banana - 1 small fruit (mine weighed 54 grams with skin)
- Milk - 150 ml
- Grated / Shredded coconut - 2 spoons
- Vanilla essence - 2 drops
- Cardamom pods - 2 (crushed)
- Sugar - 4 spoons (or as per taste)
- Skin banana and grate using a grater. (Do not use mushy ripe bananas, just ripe yet firm bananas will be perfect for the recipe)
- Now pour milk into a saucepan and place on flame. After it boils, add sugar stir well, then add the crushed cardamom pods.
- Once the sugar gets dissolved and when you smell the aroma of cardamom pods add the grated banana and stir well for few seconds.
- Add vanilla essence, mix well and remove from flame.
- Serve warm or cold!!
TIP 1: You can make the payasam richer by adding condensed milk while preparation. Add it after adding the grated coconut.
TIP 2: You can add chopped nuts to the payasam. Roast the nuts and raisins in ghee and add it to the payasam before removing from flame.
TIP 3: Do not add too much of banana then the kheer will become mushy and wont have the drinking consistency.
Delicious and easy to make Payasam is now ready!! Make this for your surprise guests and gain praises!!