In case you do not like the wheat-ish flavor you can try adding some all purpose flour. I loved the wheat-y taste, but when I served them chilled it did not show even a hint of wheat taste. I haven't added butter instead I've added few spoons of oil to slightly decrease the calorie guilt, also Nutella was enough to sweeten the brownies. But if you'd still prefer you can add more sugar and make it more sweet. Addition of choco chips and coco powder is completely upto your wish. The best thing about brownie is that you can customize it according to your taste, but it always taste good..!!
INGREDIENTSServes nearly 280 grams of brownie, or 9 brownies
Total Preparation Time - 20 minutes
- Nutella - 125 grams
- Wheat flour - 80 grams (or 50 grams if you want less wheat-ish flavor)
- Egg - 1
- Milk - 40 ml (warm)
- Unsweetened coco powder - 20 grams
- Semi sweet choco chips - 2 spoons
- Orange juice - 5 spoons
- Oil - 2 spoons
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Beat egg and set aside. It does not need to be frothy.
- Sift flour, salt coco powder twice and set aside.
- Now to warm milk add nutella and stir well see that nutella is completely mixed with the warm milk.
- Add this nutella mixture, orange juice and beaten egg into the sifted flour mixture and beat well until no lumps are found.
- Add oil beat again for a minute or until the oil gets blended well. (continuous stirring or vigorous beating is not necessary here). See that the batter is thick, not runny.
- Meanwhile preheat an oven to 180ºC.
- Now spread or brush some oil in a small square tin and line the base with a parchment paper/butter paper.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and spread evenly by tilting the tin then tap the tin gently.
- Now place the tin in the middle rack of the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes at 180ºC.
- After 10 minutes insert a toothpick in the center of brownie. It should not be very clean. It should have some pieces stuck to it. This is the correct time to remove from the oven. If its too gooey (still has uncooked batter) then bake for another 3 minutes. If you bake it for a longer time then it might become dry and tough.
- Once done remove from oven and place the tin on a wire rack and let it cool.
- Then slide a knife along the sides of the tin. Then dip the knife in a cup of warm water and wipe using a tissue paper or cloth (do the same before every cut to make clean cuts). Now cut squares, dipping knife in warm water and wiping in tissue paper each time before cutting.
- Now gently remove each piece, it would come off easily.
- Serve warm with ice-cream or chilled. Tastes best when chilled.
TIP 1: I haven't added sugar here, as Nutella was sweet enough. But you can taste the batter and add some extra sugar according to your wish.
TIP 2: I have added extra coco powder to make it taste more chocolaty and mildly bitter, you can reduce the amount of cocoa powder too if you wish.
TIP 3: Do not over bake the brownie they will become dry and tough. So check between to see if the brownies are done.
Chocolaty, Nutella Wheat Brownies are now ready!! Serve plain or top with a scoop of Vanilla ice-cream (YUM) and serve!!