How about a simple and easy to make pulao or a one pot meal with delectable flavors? How often are you encountered with a 'no veggies/meat' at hand situation? I have come across it many times, but still it might be a special day, or you might crave for something tasty, or you might have some surprise guests. There might also be so called 'lazy to cook days' when you feel like not cooking anything but you would have hungry tummies waiting around you, for the treat. On such days there are many savior recipes, I have posted some savior recipes/desserts earlier, the banana payasam, wheat flour kheer. Today I have come up with an one-pot meal, an easy to do pulao that tastes fabulous. Infact it does not need much time nor does need any meat or vegetables. I have not even used any spices or masala for flavors, just some onions, butter and pepper powder will do the magic. The buttery aroma just makes the dish taste so good and anyone would fall in love with its appetizing flavors.
Serves 2 people
Total Preparation Time - 40 minutes
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Big onion - 1 (peeled & sliced)
- Green chilly - 1 (chopped)
- Garlic - 2 pods (peeled & chopped)
- Pepper powder - 1/4 spoon
- Cashew nuts - 10
- Raisins / Dry grapes - Few (optional)
- Salt - As per taste
- Butter - 2 spoons + 1 spoon (Salted or unsalted anything would do)
- Water - 2 cups
- Wash and Soak Basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Take a tadka pan or a small pan and add a spoon of butter into it, saute the cashews on low flame until it turns golden and crisp. Remove cashews, then saute raisins until it puffs up. Remove from flame and set aside.
- Place a pan or a pot (I used a pressure cooker) on flame and drop butter, as soon as it starts to melt, add the chopped green chillies and garlic, saute for a few seconds. (Do not let butter burn it will ruin the whole recipe, make sure to cook on low flame)
- Then add the sliced onions and saute well until it turns translucent.
- Now add salt, pepper powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the soaked basmati rice (discard extra water) and saute for a minute.
- Now pour 2 cups of water and stir. Add the sauteed raisins and cashews, then check for salt and close the pan or pot with a lid. (I used a pressure cooker so I used the pressure cooker lid itself, I just placed it upside down over the cooker)
- Then cook on low flame for 7 minutes.
- Open the lid after 7 minutes and check if the water content has reduced and the rice grains have got cooked. If not cooked cook again for a few more minutes. Now fluff up the cooked rice with a fork. Do not stir too much with a ladle, it will break the rice grains.
Aromatic and easy to do Pulao is now ready!! Serve with your favorite spicy sides!!
Delicious Pulao.. Looks perfect Divya :-)ReplyDelete
so true.. i too make a v simple pulao ven i run of veggies..ReplyDelete
i love the butter smell in food ,it is so divine.ReplyDelete
i can get the smell here... hmmm....ReplyDelete
wow.. really very yummy pulao... even i too came across like the situations those time ll gets new recipes...ReplyDelete
wow looks great:)ReplyDelete
AHH..yummy dear, this is my go to recipe, whenever I feel hungry I would make this..Loved all the clicks, it is very neat..ReplyDelete
Love the addition of butter, gives that creamy flavor!ReplyDelete
Easy & flavorsome pulao, I'm trying this for sure.
Also the wooden bowl looks fab and great pics too.
Very yummy delicious simple and quick pulav, I can get the smell of the butter right here...ReplyDelete
Super-yummy and flavorful pulao! :)ReplyDelete
Simply superb pulao Divy dear. Tempting clicks too.ReplyDelete
buttery pulao :) sounds too yummy and aromatic da..ReplyDelete
looks so delicious and flavorful divs :)ReplyDelete
Nice click..looks delicious..ReplyDelete
Looks absolutely yummy!ReplyDelete
looks so rich..nice clicksReplyDelete
Pulao is my all time favourite. Looks deklicious.ReplyDelete
I love your presentation Divya, it looks yummm!ReplyDelete
Super presentation and tasty rice !!ReplyDelete
Fabulous simple melting Puloa with most delicious clicks Div...ReplyDelete
that looks super easy. nice oneReplyDelete
new type of rice with butter liked it.will try it todayReplyDelete
Simple and delicious, goes will with all dals!ReplyDelete
nice one....looks yummyReplyDelete
This seems so simple and yummy as well.....ReplyDelete
tiffin recipes for children
Wow ! Real flavored rice... Clicks are inviting...ReplyDelete
Interesting recipe divya! Very inviting click!!! Bookmarking to try!!!!ReplyDelete
Yeah this is truely a saver n quick fix one pot meal, sounds so flavorful n yummy, kids would love this...inviting clicks da..liked ur serving bowl :)ReplyDelete
very cute bowl divya looks so pretty restaurant look eruku.Simple and comforting food loving it.ReplyDelete
Your recipe is looks awsme, you give the easiest way to prepare this recipe, from your recipe tips many people gets advantage. Regards,ReplyDelete
Looks amazing simple but classic. Please do send it to lets cook rice event @ simply.food.Love the bowl.ReplyDelete
nice one u remind me of my childhood:-)ReplyDelete
Loving your recipes and tried many of them. Great job :)
Can you include a printable version of your recipes in your post?
Hi Vaishnavi :) Thanks for trying my recipes dear.. Will sureinclude the printable option soon :)Delete