Lemonade!! What a refreshing drink a thirst quencher it is!! I love lemonades with different flavors, one of my favorite is the apple lemonade. These are simple to prepare yet so refreshing, that you can't stop with a gulp. Today I have discussed about the mint flavored lemonade, that has the dominance of lemon and a subtle mint flavor adds a delight to the lemonade. Summer has gone and its monsoon everywhere I might seem a bit late in posting this drink, but still lemonade makes a good drink anytime anywhere. Though monsoons have already started elsewhere, at my native it has been delayed
a bit much, there are no rains here, but sometimes its just cloudy and cozy. Most of the noons are burning hot!! and the hot scorching winds blowing through the windows are making me thirst more and to gulp in loads of refrigerated water (which is not actually my usual practice), also I've been running behind chilled drinks and there I go sick again with a runny nose and non-stop sneezing!! But still who wouldn't love a refreshing lemonade, be it summer or monsoon?
Looking for more interesting lemonades?
Click on the following recipe name to check out the recipe!!
Makes drink for 3
Total Preparation Time - 10 to 15 minutes
- Lemon - 1
- Chilled water - 300 ml + Water @ room temperature - 100 ml
- Sugar - 5 to 6 spoons
- Mint leaves - A handful
- Cut lemon into halves, squeeze and extract juice from both the halves, discard seeds. (roll a lemon well before cutting into halves
- Place a saucepan on flame pour 100 ml of water and sugar stir well on low flame until the sugar dissolves well. Remove from flame cool and strain, set aside.
- Now take the mint leaves and crush well with your fingers. (You just need the mild flavors to get into the dink, if you need a strong flavor just grind a few leaves and add use it)
- Now take a tall jar, pour the 300 ml chilled water, lemon juice, crushed mint leaves and stir well. Then add the sugar syrup and stir well. (Dilute with more chilled water if you like to)
- Serve!! (Ice cubes are not needed here as I have used chilled water but if you like to, you can drop in some ice-cubes)
TIP 1: Reduce or increase the amount of lemon juice and sugar according to your wish.
TIP 2: You can add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavors.
TIP 3: Instead of ice cubes you can use lemonade cubes, this will give you the best undiluted juice. To make lemonade cubes pour some of the prepared lemon juice into the ice-cube tray and freeze until solid, use it in the juices. Sometimes I add the chopped lemon peels or the rinds too and also you can make it a little more concentrated to enjoy until the last sip. If in case you want to use ice cubes do this preparation before hand to enjoy the best lemonades.
Super Refreshing Mint Flavored Lemonade is now ready!! Serve Chilled!!