Here is an easy to make potato masala without onion, garlic and ginger. You just need some red chilli powder and salt along with your potatoes. This can be called the 3 ingredient potato masala, it is so easy to make and tastes great with rice and Sambar combo. Also goes good with dal, curd rice and with rasam rice. You don't have to temper the potato masala with mustard or any other usual tempering ingredients, just some sauteing with the red chilli powder and salt will be enough to get you the super tasty side-dish. This is almost similar to the potato chips preparation, the only difference is we are not deep frying the potatoes pieces, instead, we are just cooking it all together with less oil. This can be handy when you are packing a lunch for kids and office goers. It is a dish with minimal ingredients and minimal effort.
INGREDIENTSServes 2 people
Total Preparation Time - 20 minutes
- Potato - 2 (medium sized)
- Red chilli powder - 2 teaspoons
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Peel and chop potatoes into small cubes. (You can also slice it like we do for potato chips and use it, it will get cooked even faster)
- Place a kadai on flame and pour oil into it. after it heats up, add red chilli powder, salt and saute for a few seconds. Be careful not to burn the red chilli powder. (You can add a few pinches of turmeric powder along with red chilli powder)
- Add the chopped potato cubes and mix well.
- Saute occasionally and sprinkle some water if needed.
- After it gets cooked well remove from flame.
- Serve hot!!
TIP : Adding a crushed garlic gives a nice flavor to the dish but its optional.
Tasty and easy to make potato masala is now ready!! Serve with hot rice and sambar or dal and enjoy!!
like its color.. everyone's fav.. :)ReplyDelete
Yummy and nice clicks aks superReplyDelete
very well prepared divya. easy to make and tasty.ReplyDelete
Simple yet very flavourfu land satisfying!ReplyDelete
Spicy and yummy potato masala.ReplyDelete
Quick and fantastic potato masala.ReplyDelete
Happy to follow you. Visit my space in your free time.
ur pictures are soo clean and elegant. luv the recipeReplyDelete
wow very very delicious and so tempting potato masala :) amazing clicks divya made a simple dish looks so beautiful :)ReplyDelete
that is a superquick potato masala... yum...ReplyDelete
simple spicy potato masalaReplyDelete
Potato masala looks so spicy :) love the color and with curd rice I want to have it right awayReplyDelete
yumm i made some andhra pappu charu just now and this would be agreat combo..lovely color divyReplyDelete