Chinese noodles are the most seeked after recipe in menu cards by any Chinese food lover. Recently Chinese food has become so famous in India that we can spot them even in Fast food stalls, street-side, it has got a good reach and regardless of age people seem to love noodles. There are various versions around, but this Vegetable noodles is the most predominantly followed recipe. And did you know it can be made easily in your own kitchen with very few ingredients? When you prepare it at home you can make it healthier by skipping too much of sauces and msg. Follow this simple recipe and prepare the restaurant style Chinese noodles in your homes today. I have used ingredients that you can easily fetch from the markets and stores nearby. Just serve with some ketchup or manchurian or any of your fav Indo-Chinese sides and it will be a delectable platter. My favourite combo is Veg noodles with Chilli chicken :) what's yours?
INGREDIENTSServes 2 people
Total Preparation Time - 30 minutes
- Vegetable Noodles - 100 grams (There are egg noodles available too, just make sure to check the packet before buying, if you are a Non-vegetarian then no worries)
- Big onion - 1
- Carrot - 1
- Capsicum - 1 (small sized)
- Spring onions - One small bunch
- Garlic - 6 cloves or pods
- Soya Sauce - 2 teaspoons
- Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoons (Olive oil / sunflower oil preferably)
- How to boil Noodles - Take a wide pan pour water into it and add noodles. Add 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 teaspoon oil. Place on flame and cook until the noodles gets cooked 3/4th, this may take just a few minutes. Mine took just 3 minutes to get cooked. Do not cook until the noodles gets too soft. Then remove from flame and drain the hot water immediately and pour some cold water to remove excess starch and stop the cooking process. (I used normal room temperature water, it was cold enough) Wash twice in fresh water and drain all the water using a strainer. Pour 1/4 teaspoon of oil and toss the noodles. Set aside.
- Wash and chop carrot, capsicum, spring onions and onion into strips (juliennes) and set aside. Peel and chop garlic finely. For 100 grams of noodles see that you have atleast 100 grams of chopped vegetables. (Reserve some finely chopped spring onions for garnishing)
- Now place a Pan/kadai or wok on flame and add 2 tablespoons of oil, after it heats up add chopped garlic and saute for a minute, do not let it turn brown.
- Now add onions and saute until it is half cooked.
- Then add carrots, followed by capsicum and spring onions and saute well on high flame. Keep stirring as your veggies may get burnt if unnoticed.
- Once you find that your vegetables gets half cooked, add soya sauce and saute. Then add salt, pepper powder and saute well for a minute.
- Now add the boiled noodles and give a good stir. Saute for 2 minutes, if using a frying pan or wok toss well.
- When the noodles gets mixed well with the veggies, remove from flame and garnish with the reserved spring onions. Serve!!
TIP 1: In the chinese version they add celery, as I do not get celery here easily I haven't used it but you can add it along with the veggies if you get them. You can add cabbage too.
TIP 2: Cilantro (Coriander leaves / Chinese parsley) or parsley can also be used while preparation or parsley can also be used. You can add a tablespoon of them while sauteing the vegetables it will give a unique flavor to the noodles, but in most restaurant versions coriander leaves are not used. Parsley has a milder flavor than coriander leaves so chose according to your taste buds.
TIP 3:Adding ajinomoto (msg) enhances the flavors but I prefer not to use it much due to controversies. But if you like to just add a pinch along with the salt and pepper powder.
Delectable Chinese noodles is ready!! Serve with manchurians or any of your fav chinese sides and sauces!!
noodles look super tempting.ReplyDelete
Classy....cant take my eyes off the pic...love these noodles...well presented in a bowlReplyDelete
OMG, texture of Noodles looks Wonderful, Love the Clicks!ReplyDelete
It really looks like restaurent style Noodles... Omg i couldnt control myself.. i love it lot.ReplyDelete
Looks simply delicious, wonderful clicks!!ReplyDelete
Tempting noodles .Simply delicious.ReplyDelete
Awesome.....super tempting noodles. .ReplyDelete
yummylicious! The clicks are ultimate too!ReplyDelete
Deightful they look...the noodles. Yumm.ReplyDelete
Looks wonderful dear,my favorite tooReplyDelete
Yummy noodles and background works brilliantReplyDelete
Delicious tempting noodelsReplyDelete
so lovely click and tasty noodlesReplyDelete
Looks healthy and delicious!!! I love this kind of food!!!ReplyDelete
Give me that bowl, i want to finish it even its almost midnite for me.ReplyDelete
Absolutely super delicious.. amazing clicks as well :)ReplyDelete
Wow they look delish Divya. Good for children too.. they love the noodles and I get to sneak in some veggies along. :)ReplyDelete
looks so perferct and yummy....ReplyDelete
OMG!! looks awesome!!!!!!ReplyDelete
Inviting Divya..I will grab the bowlReplyDelete
I looks delicious.. I love itReplyDelete