Here is a two ingredient, no pectin, no preservative, pineapple jam that can be prepared quickly without much fuss. You just need sugar (obviously) & pineapple and this is by far the easiest jam recipe anyone would have ever tried. This jam is served during the wedding treat along with biryanis in may Tamilnadu marriages, if you would have tasted it you will definitely know how heavenly it is. Most of the wedding menu contains a mutton biryani, chicken or mutton chukka, curd rice, pickle, this pineapple jam and finally some payasam. Licking off the pineapple jam at the end of the spicy spread is such a heaven to the taste-buds and senses. Its so fingerlicking yum and easily spreadable, besides you just need very few minutes and
very little zero experience in jam preparation. The mild tanginess and flavor of pineapple gives an unbeatable taste to the jam. You can store this jam in refrigerator for a few weeks, if properly packed. Try this once and you will know how dead easy it is to prepare and how addictive it is.
INGREDIENTSTotal Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Yields - nearly 150 grams of jam
- Pineapple - 200 grams
- Sugar - 150 grams
- Water - 75 ml
- Chop pineapple into smaller pieces and grind it coarsely. Set aside. (You can use the mid hard part of the fruit too; and take care not to dd water while grinding)
- To a pan add sugar and pour water just until it gets wet, say 75 ml for 150 grams of sugar and place on flame. (1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water)
- Stir occasionally and wait until the sugar gets dissolved and the syrup starts to boil. You dont have to check for any string consistencies here.
- Now add the ground pineapple into the sugar syrup and stir well. Set flame on low mode and stir occasionally just to make sure your jam doesn't get burnt at the bottom.
- You don't have to keep stirring continuously, I promise this jam is a breeze to make.
- When the jam thickens, stir well and remove from flame.
- Wait until it cools down well. pack them in clean and dry airtight containers or bottles and refrigerate. Stays well for a month when refrigerated.
TIP 1: Just cook the jam on low flame and take care to stir occasionally to avoid the bottom getting burnt.
TIP 2: Always take care not to pour too much of water while preparing the sugar solution.
TIP 3: Store in clean airtight containers to increase shelf life, always store in a refrigerator after it cools down well. Does not stay well for more than 2 days in room temperature.
TIP 4: I have ground the pineapple coarsely so that there will be small chunks of juicy pineapple, but you can simply puree the pineapple well and use it.
Fingerlicking easy no-pectin Pineapple jam is now ready!! Serve as dessert at the end of a meal or use as a spread!!
very nice and useful post... good to make at home without preservatives, instead of store bought.. :)ReplyDelete
Delicious and lovely looking pineapple jam. Excellent preparation.ReplyDelete
Oh god!!!!!!!!!! I am drooling here....I want that full jar for me dear...ReplyDelete
Yummy...simple and very tasty...ReplyDelete
oh ..Its so simple to prepare and ur pics are awesome as always ...ReplyDelete
so simply and tasty! wud love to give it a try!ReplyDelete
Love that glossy look of this fantastic jam, very irresistible../ReplyDelete
looks so yum! nice preparationReplyDelete
this is really so good... would love to try this...ReplyDelete
perfect !! such gorgeous clicks !ReplyDelete
love the texture,yummy!!!ReplyDelete
Wow amazing jam.Gorgeous clicks :)ReplyDelete