Chocolate trifle is a heavenly dessert loaded with layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream, preserves and whatever delicious. I had some chocolate cake tit-bits at hand that I got after baking a cake for an order (click here for the chocolate cake recipe). I wanted to prepare something really exotic with it and so made this trifle. I made the cake with three chocolate cake, real strawberry jam and the whipped cream layer. You can add some more layers using melted chocolate, grated chocolate or even add biscuits or marshmallows and make it yummier as you wish. Here's how I made it!!
Total Preparation Time - 10 minutes
- Chocolate cake pieces - 1 cup
- Whipping cream - 50 grams (or) Heavy cream - 100 ml or As required
- Milk - 2 tablespoons
- Strawberry jam - 2 tablespoons (optional; use any jam or preserve you like)
- Crumble chocolate cake pieces and set aside.
- I use bluebird whipped cream; It will be in a powdery form, just take the powder in a bowl and add some very cold water and whip it until it forms soft/stiff peaks and then use it. If using heavy cream place a bowl in a larger bowl filled with very cold water and some ice cubes. Then pour heavy cream into it and beat using an electric beater until it forms soft peaks. Add a teaspoon of icing sugar for 100 ml of cream and beat well for a few more seconds. You do not need very stiff peeks for this dessert. (I have tried whipping fresh cream with medium fat also it does not form very stiff peaks but does form soft peaks which you can use here) Here's a tutorial that can help you understand better.
- Now take a serving cup and assemble the dessert. Place a layer of the crumbled cake, top it with a teaspoon of jam and then add a thick layer of whipped cream. repeat layers.
- Place inside refrigerator and serve chilled.
TIP: You can add grated chocolate or pour melted chocolate in between the layer. Have fun making different layers!