How about an easy lunch recipe that will satisfy both kids and grown ups? That too Indo-Chinese!! My favorite remains the Indo-Chinese recipes, especially fried rice and I guess there are many others out there who love it too. So here's a very easy, minimal ingredient capsicum fried rice that tastes brilliant with manchurians or any Indo-Chinese gravies, I served it with mushroom manchurian. Here, I haven't used any other veggies other than capsicum and so it's flavor enlightens the dish very well you can use eggs or other color bell peppers as per wish and availability. Capsicum has a very unique flavor and has too many goodness packed in it, try to include it in your daily cooking, it makes the dish healthier adds so much flavor to it. Make sure to add them in your daily cooking someway to avail all its benefits. Basmati has a subtle aroma and flavor that will make the dish special, still you can even use any rice kind or even leftover cooked rice that you have at hand to prepare this dish. I have already posted capsicum biryani recipe click here to check it out.
INGREDIENTSServes one person
Total Preparation Time - 20 minutes
- Basmati rice - 50 grams
- Capsicum - 1 (small)
- Garlic pods - 2
- Pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Soya sauce - 3/4 teaspoon
- Green chilli sauce - 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Spring onions - For garnishing
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- Wash basmati rice twice in water. Soak for 10 minutes in water and set aside. Then drain water.
- Place a pan on flame and add the soaked washed basmati rice. Then pour enough water to cook it. Sprinkle some salt, drop a teaspoon of oil and stir. Cook on high flame until the grains get almost cooked. It should be grainy but cooked you should not feel grittiness. Then drain water completely using colander or strainer and set aside. (I pour some cold water over the colander/strainer with rice to stop further cooking)
- Now chop capsicum into small cubes. Mince or chop garlic finely.
- Now place a kadai/wk on flame and pour oil into it. Saute garlic and capsicum for a minute. Don't overcook capsicum, it should be crisp.
- Now add soya sauce, green chilli sauce, salt and saute well for a minute.
- Then add the cooked basmati rice and saute well. Use a flat ladle so that rice grains do not break and take care not to over stir.
- After it gets mixed up well add pepper powder and saute well.
- Finally garnish with spring onions and remove from flame.
- Serve hot!
TIP 1: You can add onions & Cabbage if you wish. Also add scrambled egg if you wish.
TIP 2: Ajinomoto (MSG) gives a nice flavor but it can cause too much ill effects to your health so it would be better to avoid it. If you wish to add just a pinch will do. You can instead add 1/8 teaspoon of sugar to enhance the flavors but make sure not to overdo the addition of sugar.
TIP 3: Be very careful when you add soy sauce, too much soy sauce can ruin your dish.